love wιll вrιɴɢ yoυ нoмe; pαrт тнree

November '08 - Thanksgiving Day

The gang's all here. Bobby and dad are hopefully still not arguing over how to fry the turkey. Ellen and Irene are in the kitchen, warming up all the dishes. Sam and Dean are outside throwing the football around with Ben. And Jo's watching them, waiting for me to bring her a beer. 

I couldn't help myself and had to get an entry in before dinner.

I've been thinking about mom - a lot. Especially after the photo I found. I can only decide to take my Grace if I get some answers from her. There's only one way I know how to do that.

It might be a bad idea. But I don't see another way.

Nadia closes her journal with a pensive sigh, storing it under her pillow. She follows the various aromas of Thanksgiving dishes to the kitchen.

"You guys need some help?"

"We're good, honey. Everything will be ready soon," Irene pulls a pan of sizzling mac and cheese from the oven.

"Actually, can you make sure your daddy and Bobby aren't burnin' the turkey?" asks Ellen.

"Will do," Nadia gets two beers out of the fridge and goes outside.

Bobby and Rufus had managed to get the turkey in the fryer. Now they were watching like a hawk. It was as if the bird would fly out with hot oil dripping from its limbs.

"How's the turkey going?" Nadia's voice frightened them. They were so focused that they hadn't seen her coming. 

"Perfect! Great!" Bobby gives a thumbs up.

"Told you we know what we're doin'," sassed Rufus.

"You did, you did," Nadia nodded, ignoring their evident nervousness. Getting it in was only half the battle. They still had to get it out.

"Go along," Dean tosses the football to Ben. As the twelve-year-old leaped to catch it, Nadia snuck behind him. She catches the ball with the two beers tucked under her arms and tosses it back to a shocked Dean.

"What? Who do you think was throwing the ball with him when my dad was on the road?" Nadia chuckles, joining Jo on the trunk of the Impala.

"Dude," smirked Sam. "Marry her."

"Don't tempt me with a good time, Sammy."

Jo puts her beer to her lips, smiling at a star-struck Dean.

"Don't say it," Nadia looks down, blushing. "I already know. He's -"

"You got Dean Winchester to come to a Thanksgiving dinner. That's big for him. Dude purposely avoids mushy crap like this. Keep it up, and you just might make him into a family man."

"I'm not trying to make him into anything" Nadia rolls her eyes.

"It's not a bad thing. This is good for him. You could be good for him."

"Could?" Nadia arches a brow.

"Listen, I know that I was on the whole Winchester love train, but after you showed me that photo -"

Nadia looks away, setting her beer down.

"If the photo is what you think it is, then it makes this whole 'Dean is gonna say the world thing' more real."

"I know."

"And though he loves playing the hero, there is always a cost. If it means losing Sam or you, he might not do whatever he needs to do. And this is the apocalypse we're talking about. It seems pretty straightforward. If the angels need Dean, he must be the only way."