αɴ αɴɢel ιѕ вorɴ;pαrт ғιve

Since returning from the past, Nadia had been quiet and keeping an eye on Mellie. She hadn't woken up yet. The brunette was lying in the angel's bed, unaware of how vastly different her life would be.

Nadia sat at her side, holding her mother's jacket to her chest. Their reunion might not have gone as she expected, but she would always treasure her ability to see her again.

Nadia runs her fingers along the embroidered flowers; her eyes flick to Mellie. She'd considered waking her up but wasn't ready to explain all that had happened. That and she felt partially responsible since the demons had come looking for her.

"I'm gonna go talk to her," she could hear Rufus from outside the cabin.

"No, no, no, give her time," suggested Irene.

"Give her some time!? It's been hours since she got back!"

"I'm worried about her," said Dean. "She's been quiet. Too quiet."

"Irene's right," Sam chimes in. "Give her time. This angel thing is big, and her uncle put a hit out on her."

"'Uncle.' It's so weird hearing that out loud," sighed Irene.

"You're tellin' me," Dean scoffs.

Nadia gets up, leaving the jacket on the chair. She closes the door behind her and heads to the living room.

Ben was lying on the couch, fiddling with one of his blades. Thinking it was one of his parents, he jerked up when he heard her footsteps, fumbling to put the weapon in his pocket.

"It's just you," he sighs with relief. "You okay?"

Nadia ignores him and goes outside. Rufus, Irene, and the boys were so busy talking about her that they didn't notice her standing there.

"If I can hear a prayer ten years into the past, what makes you think I can't hear you guys out here?" She crosses her arms over her chest and pokes out her hip.

The boys clear their throats, exchanging an awkward look.

"We don't mean to talk about your honey," Irene explains. "We're just worried, that's all."

"And we'd appreciate a summary of what happened with your mother," said her father bluntly.

"And how you're doing, of course," Irene scolds his lack of sensitivity.

Nadia rolls her away, looking away.

"Hey, Robin," Dean pulls her attention. "If you don't want to talk, it's fine. At least let us know if you're okay."

"I don't know if I'm okay," she answers honestly. "I didn't get to decide to be this, let alone take my grace. I heard Ben's prayer, and I just had to do it. And I don't regret saving you guys. This is all just -"

Nadia roughly rubs her face. It was less about her grace and more about what she knew about the apocalypse and what they were up against.

"What does it feel like?" Sam was curious.

Nadia looks at her hands. "It's hard to explain. It feels like a strong, smarter, higher version of myself. When I took it, all the answers to the universe just hit my brain like a computer download or something. I know every language and angels that I've never met. I mean, the list goes on. And my strength? I almost killed that girl today just tossing her into the wall."

"She was possessed, don't beat yourself up about it," says Rufus.

"You're not afraid you'll hurt any of us, are you?" wondered Irene.

"Yeah, a little."

"Don't be," Sam tells her. "You just have to get used to it. You're still you. We don't see you differently, and you shouldn't either."