wιѕнғυl тнιɴĸιɴɢ;pαrт oɴe

"𝔚hat does grace even look like?"

"I don't know, dad," Nadia groaned. She clutches the bridge of her nose, pacing back and forth outside of a restaurant. 

She and the boys had stopped in some town in South Dakota for dinner and to find another case. 

In the window, she could see Sam questioning Dean about Hell. Uriel popped in and sold him out after all that went down in Minnesota. 

Dean, of course, was denying the memories, but Sam wasn't buying it. 

Since Nadia was going through with her agreement by not telling Dean about her talk with Michael, she told her father instead. She hoped he would find her grace somewhere in the house and anything else that her mother might have left that would give her more insight into her angelic abilities and family. 

"What do you mean you don't know?" Rufus questioned. "You didn't ask him?" 

"I didn't get a chance."

"Then how am I supposed to know I've found it?"

"I don't -" Nadia puts the phone down and takes a deep breath. "Dad, I wish I could answer your questions but I can't. I just need you to use your hunter's instinct and raid the house, okay? It has to be something . . . angelic. Something you could just look at and know that's . . . grace?"

"A lot easier said than done, honey," his response made her shoulders drop.

Rufus was still processing that his ex-wife was an angel. He had just as many questions as Nadia and was trying his best to help her figure things out. 

"Just look, please, dad."

"I will, but it's been years. We've given most of your mother's things away since Irene moved in."

"That's why I said to look in the attic. That's the only place left untouched since she died."

"I've been looking. Irene and Ben too."

"Look again, pulls the floorboards if you have to."

"Are you gonna put them back?" 

"Dad!"

"Okay, okay. We'll keep looking. Just don't do any angel stuff. I don't like you passing out everywhere and for God knows how long."

"Okay."

"Promise?"

"Promise. Don't worry," she assures him. 

"Can I talk to her?" she could hear Ben in the background.

"Your brother wants to talk to you. I love you."

"Love you too, dad."

"Nadie?"

"Hey, Ben," she smiled at the sound of his voice. "How you been, bud?" 

"I should be asking you that, angel!" She could hear the excitement in his voice. "I knew you were badass but this angel thing takes the cake." 

"Watch your mouth, boy," Rufus snapped in the background.

Nadia chuckles, "it's not as exciting as you think."

"I know you don't have all the answers that you want but, it can help you save a lot more people." 

"Yeah, you got a point," Nadia hadn't considered that. "It doesn't matter much right now anyway. Without my grace, I'm just a human who can do tricks."

"We'll find your grace, don't worry. Are you coming to the cabin for Thanksgiving?" 

"Damn it," Nadia mouthed. She'd forgotten about her family's yearly tradition. They spent Thanksgiving weekend at their family cabin in Whitefish, Montana.