deαтн тαĸeѕ α нolιdαy;pαrт ғιve

Cole's bedroom was empty when Sam went inside. Seeing that the closet was cracked, the younger Winchester slid down the wall and sat on the floor next to the door. Cole sat inside with his knees to his chest.

"This all must be pretty overwhelming, huh? Pretty scary, too."

"The worst is my mom," sadness beamed in the young boy's eyes.

"Must be hard seeing her like this."

Cole leans to the side to look at Sam. "She's always coming in here, talking to me, telling me how sad she is. I knock some stuff over to let her know I'm here, but . . . she only gets sadder."

Sam chuckles lightly, "Well, you might want to ease up on the flying soccer balls."

Cole doesn't laugh. His eyes grow dark as he takes a second to think. "I'm not telling you where the smoke is."

Sam stops a beat, swimming through his thoughts. "Hey. What if I told you that if you helped me, you wouldn't have to leave here? Ever?"

"What about the one downstairs?"

"Tessa? Oh, she wouldn't bother you. No reaper would. You could just stay here with your family for as long as you wanted."

Cole's eyebrows rose in intrigue. "You can do that?"

Sam gulps, "Yeah, you bet I can do that."

"You swear?"

The Winchester hesitates, ignoring the guilty conscious yelling at him inside. "I swear."

Nadia sat at the top of the stairs, having heard the entire conversation. She couldn't blame Sam for lying to the kid, not with a seal at stake. Still, it sucked giving him false hope. Even if he managed to escape a reaper, over time he would become a vengeful ghost that they or another hunter would have no choice but to take down.

Nadia hears Tessa tell Dean downstairs

She pauses, not wanting to eavesdrop.

Despite walking in on her boyfriend getting lip-serviced by a reaper she didn't distrust him. If anything, she was curious. She wondered how he felt being face to face with the reaper who tried to get him to cross to the other side.

Ignoring her conscious, she leans against the stairwell railing, listening.

"What do you mean?" Dean asked.