lαzαrυѕ rιѕιɴɢ;pαrт ғιve

𝔑adia felt guilty for lying. She felt like she should have been honest with Pamela about what she heard and saw. Maybe things would have turned out differently. If not better, less horrifying than watching someone's eyeballs melt out of their head. She went with Bobby to the hospital; all the doctors could do was clean her up.

Ultimately, Pamela was completely blind and had no choice but to learn how to live her life in a whole new way.

"She's in ICU," Nadia tells Dean over the phone. She casually paced around the waiting room, stepping on the light fixture beams reflecting off the tile floor. "Bobby's with her now."

Dean sighs, "I'm so sorry, Nadia."

"It's not your fault."

"It kind of is. Whatever's happening is because of me. I see you struggling too. I feel bad that I encouraged you to come with us."

"You don't need to apologize. This . . . has been a reoccurring issue in my life for a long time. Bobby was right. It seems I'm gonna have to face it sooner than later. Besides, I couldn't have just walked away. Not when I thought I'd never see you again."

She could hear him smile.

"Before I kicked the bucket, I thought about you too. A lot."

"Yeah?"

"I had three weeks to live, and the odds were not in my favor. To most people, including your father. I was wasting my time jumping through hoops. But you encouraged me anyway; it meant a lot. When I crawled out of that grave and saw you, it felt full circle. You know?"

Nadia nods thoughtfully. "Yeah, I get you, Batman."

"Batman," Dean laughed. "I guess that means we're officially a team."

"Yeah, I guess so," she smiled worriedly.

As deep as her connection was with Dean, she felt like it was terrible timing all over again. With all that was going on, she didn't have the luxury of pursuing anything with any guy.

Even flirting with Dean was a dangerous game. After they figured out what was going on, it was in her best interest to walk away, but she couldn't.

Not when that voice always slipped into her thoughts, reminding her to keep him safe.

"Hey, Bobby's back. We'll keep you updated. Bye." She hangs up, "how is she?"

"She's stable and resting."

"I want to see her."

Bobby obliges her request and takes her to the ICU.

Pamela's chest slowly raised up and down as she slept. Her eyes were gauzed and bandaged. Still, the horrific image of her empty sockets would be something Nadia would never forget.

"Oh, Pam," Nadia stood at her bedside, devastated.

"She'll be all right," Bobby stood on the opposite side. "Bitter, but if anyone can make the most out of a crazy situation. It's Pamela Barnes."

"Yeah," Nadia whispers. She falls silent, replaying what happened in her head. "Damn it," she turns away.

"Nadie, you can't blame yourself. Pamela -"

"I lied," she exclaimed. "When I touched Dean's arm, I heard his name. Castiel's name and I had this vision. I couldn't see his face, just his eyes."

"What?"

"A-and back at the store Dean and I went to after finding him. I-I felt whatever blasted through the place. I couldn't hear it, but I knew it was there."