ι ĸɴow wнαт yoυ dιd lαѕт ѕυммer; pαrт ғoυr

Nadia was worried sick. Sunset had long gone and they still hadn't heard anything from the boys. She didn't sense that they were dead or in danger but only a call or text could really calm her nerves. Until then, she, Ruby, and Anna were holed up in some abandoned cabin in the woods. 

The redhead sat quietly in the living room while Ruby and Nadia stood on opposite sides of the kitchen counter, staring at one another.

Nadia could smell fear all over the demon. She'd been antsy around her since the bar. It was satisfying but intriguing considering she was ready for a fight when they first met.

"So, Sam told you I was an angel."

Ruby stays quiet though her shifty eyes give her away.

Nadia leans on the counter. "You guys on the bend again?"

"Why, so you can run and tell Dean?"

"Sam's an adult. If he wants to sneak behind his brother's back and thinks that he can trust you for whatever reason. That's on him and Dean whenever he finds out because we all know he will. And when he does you better pray you are not within arms reach of him."

Ruby scoffs, "well, not that it's any of your business but no. Sam says he's done. It seems there's nothing I can do to convince him otherwise."

"Good to hear," Nadia's satisfied smile annoyed her. 

"Think what you want but you and Dean have no clue what it was like for Sam. He was a mess and I cleaned him up. I helped him get his crap together. Helped him save lives. He and I, our trust. It took time and effort to build. I'd think you'd understand that."

"And why is that?" Nadia crosses her arms over her chest. "Please, enlighten me."

"Caring about a Winchester isn't easy. Handsome as they are, they're stubborn and eager to risk their lives. And if you piss them off, you unleash a monster that will not eat, drink, or sleep until they get their revenge . . . You see, Sam and I share something special and unique. Like you and Dean."

"Please, do not compare yourself to me and Dean," Nadia rolls her eyes, scoffing. "Gosh, you talk about Sam like you slept with him or something." 

Ruby cocks a suggestive eyebrow raise. 

"Of course," Nadia shakes her head, cringing. "Why am I even surprised?"

"I told you. Sam and I might not be in love but what we got, it's special. I got his back."

"And I got Dean's. And Sam is important to him which means he's important to me." 

"And what is that supposed to mean?" 

"I think you know," Nadia's calm demeanor frightened Ruby even more.

She'd never met an angel before and was very afraid of them. She didn't know what Nadia was capable of and didn't want to find out. Especially, if she ever found her grace.

"This is ridiculous," Ruby couldn't stand the tension anymore. "Watch Anna, I'll go get the boys." She ejects out of her body in a cloud of black smoke, leaving through the vents.

Nadia eyes her lifeless vessel warily and joins Anna in the living room.

"Doing okay?"

"Not really," she sighs. "I just want this all to be over. I want to see my parents."

"I know," Nadia nods sadly. "Ruby went to get the boys. They should be here soon and we'll sort this all out."

"Thank you."

"Of course."

". . . I've been meaning to ask. Did you start hearing voices when Dean returned?"

"Something like that. I got diagnosed with schizophrenia as a child and the medication they put me on stopped the voices and everything else that was wrong with me. Now that I'm not on the meds, it's all come back gradually."