deαтн тαĸeѕ α нolιdαy;pαrт ғoυr

Pamela wasn't a fan of the plan, but she was coming. After all, she could never say no to Nadia. She bought a train ticket and was in Greybull by morning. While Dean was picking her up, Nadia and Ben had breakfast in their room. 

Well, Ben was. Nadia couldn't think about food when so much was going on. 

"You didn't sleep much last night," Ben noted, starting on his second donut. 

"And you slept like a baby for someone who is still very much in trouble. I talked to Mom and Dad, you know?"

He tensed, dropping his donut on a napkin. "You did?"

Nadia nods.

"What'd they say? Do they know that I'm here with you?"

"All that they know is we're at home bonding."

Ben's eyes grew the size of quarters. "You lied?"

"I did," Nadia sighed heavily. She wasn't proud of her actions. Especially since she and Irene had finally learned to trust one another. 

"What a relief," Ben wipes his forehead and resumes eating.

Nadia glares. "I didn't lie for you Ben. When is the last time mom and dad went on a vacation?"

He thinks for a long moment.

"Exactly. If I told them that you were out here acting a fool and now, you're here with me on a hunt, they'd be back here before you finish that donut. I don't want to ruin their time away. They deserve it. So, listen up. You're not on vacation. I know you get excited about being as close to a hunt as you can, but this is serious business. I need you to do whatever I tell you to do, no questions asked and stay in this room, not matter what. Got it?"

"I got it," Ben nods, gulping. He hated when she got all paren-ty on him even if he deserved it. 

There's a knock on the door. "That must be them." Nadia stands expecting Pamela and Dean to be on the other side. It was Sam.

"Hey, did they show up yet?" He steps to come inside. 

Nadia stops him with a hand to the chest, pushing him back while closing the door behind her. "What the hell was that back at the cemetery?" 

Sam's face expression went from a frown to a look of discomfort. "I was meanin' to talk to you about that?"

"Is that right?" 

"Yes, I want to apologize. I got a bit excited and -"

"I think out of control is a better way to put it Sam."

He chuckles in disbelief. "Come on, Nadia. You're a hunter, you've been through worse than me grabbing your ar -"

"That's not the point. The point is because of your little habit, it starts with rough handling and ends up being worse. Like the hurting the people you care about worse." She stares into his wavering eyes, thinking back to the dream she'd had.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay. I didn't mean to -"

"Don't worry, Sam. I'm gonna let it go. But hear me when I say this, I might like you and I might care deeply about your brother but if you ever touch me in a way that I feel is threatening -"

"You'll throttle me, huh?" He laughs sheepishly. 

"Damn straight," Nadia smiles. 

She turns around, opening the door. Sam follows her inside, forcing a smile to greet Ben. 

"Good mornin'."

"Not a good one for you," Ben chuckles, having heard the most important part of their conversation: Nadia promising him an ass-kicking.