ιт'ѕ α тerrιвle lιғe;pαrт тнree

"Why are you so damn cute?" Nadia mumbles to herself, watching Dean through the blinds at her desk. "Why are you got damn important? You and your brother?"

Dean's lunch consisted of some weird concoction he was drinking for his cleanse. It seemed to have done himself some good though. He seemed more focused and calm. Now he was at his desk, his suit jacket off, looking through files with his headset on. Nadia was not a suspender girl, but Dean pulled it off quite nicely. He wore a blue dress shirt today with an all-golden-yellow tie and navy blue suspenders. 

"What am I doing?" She pulls her attention away. "Be professional. He's your boss." Then she thinks for a second. "Wait he's not actually my boss," and goes back to watching him. 

Feeling a presence, she looked to see a man approaching her desk. He was tall, and skinny, had dark brown hair, and wore the yellow shirt and khaki uniform that all the ITs did. He looked nervous; he couldn't even stand still because he was fidgeting so much.

"Ian?" she guessed. 

"Yes, I'm here to see Mr. Smith."

"You can go right in. He's expecting you," she motions for the door. 

Ian nods a thank you, still knocking on the door despite it being open. 

Dean looks up from his computer. 

"Hi. Ian, is it?"

"Mhm," he nods, timidly. 

"Yeah, come on in." Dean clasps his hands together. "Yesterday you filled out a 445-T and no problem, just a few errors when we did your switch over to Vista. So I'm sure you're used to filling out the dash-R's, am I right?"

"Oh, no," Ian's voice wavered. 

"No no no," Dean assures him. "It's fine. It's fine. I just need you to redo one today so I can get the show on the road with the invoicing." He pushes a piece of paper toward him and smiles.

Ian looks petrified. "Oh my god."

"No, it's fine," Dean repeats nonchalantly. "Just refile it and we're square."

"I can't believe I did this," Ian starts tweaking. 

Dean starts to realize that something is wrong with him. 

"I can't believe I," Ian says again. "I can't believe I did this."

"Hey, guy, come on," Dean tries to reel him in with a concerned smile. 

"No, no," Ian's voice breaks, tears welling in his blue scared eyes. "It affected profits. It—I screwed up. I—I can't—I can't—I am so sorry. I—how could I do that? I failed Sandover. I failed the company."

Worried, Dean takes off his headset and stands up. "All right, why don't you sit down, Ian?"

"No!" Ian runs out of the room. 

"Ian? Ian! Hey!" Dean follows him out, briefly exchanging a look with Nadia before following him to the men's bathroom. He was leaning on a sink, staring at his reflection. 

"Ian, hey," Dean tells him, "just chill out, man. Okay?"

Ian doesn't respond; he just stares at himself, mumbling under his breath as if to be in a trance.

Suddenly, the temperature drops. Dean's blood runs cold as he watches his visible breath disappear into the air.