мeтαмorpнoѕιѕ;pαrт ғιve

𝔑adia pulled up across the street from Jack's house in a ninety-seven Oldsmobile Cutlass that she hot-wired back at the motel. She parks behind Travis' truck and gets out of the car with her flamethrower.

Travis's car was empty, and so was the Impala. The lights were off in the house; seemingly, no one was home, but she knew better.

Taking the smart route, she sneaked into the backyard through the gate. She peers through the patio door. Through the dining room, she could see into the living room.

Dean was lying on the coffee table face down, unconscious, with blood coming out of his head.

Jack sat beside his body with blood covering his mouth; his skin had changed. It was pale and worm-like, with popped veins all over his face.

Nadia thought he'd taken a bite out of Dean for a second. Then she caught a glimpse of another body, only it was unrecognizable. It was practically a carcass. It had to be Travis or Sam. Considering the former had all intentions to kill, she knew it couldn't have been the latter.

If Dean and Travis were in the living room, where was Sam? He had to be alive, or else Jack might have eaten Dean already.

Nadia looks for a way inside that wouldn't bring her attention. She goes to the side of the house. There was a window to the bathroom.

Lucky for her, it was unlocked.

Nadia crawled through as quietly as she could, using the toilet as a stool before she closed the window and got down. She stood still, listening out.

Somehow, even with the door opened, Jack didn't hear her. It was because he was talking to Sam.

"Dean?"

Nadia could hear him, Sam. He sounded panicked and muffled. There was a rattling sound too. He was locked up.

"Dean can't come to the phone right now," Jack's voice cracked.

"Jack!" Sam slammed his hands against the wall, livid. "If you hurt him! I swear to God!"

"Calm down!" Jack growled. "Your brother's alive. But not if you don't calm down."

Nadia relaxed, and so did Sam. She tiptoes out of the bathroom into the foyer.

"Alright, Jack. Listen," Sam tries to reason. "Open the door. We can figure this out, okay?"

Jack scoffs. The pain in his voice was evident. "We'll have ourselves a little brainstorming session."

Through the railing, Nadia could see Jack up close. Not just his transformation but the devastation in his bloodshot eyes.

"Jack. Please."

Sam was adjacent to her, locked in the coat closet.

"I don't think so. After what you did?"

"What? What are you talking about?"

While Sam kept him talking, Nadia went around the foyer into the dining room.

"You send your friend here. He tried to burn my wife alive."

"What? Why?"

Nadia freezes in the kitchen; Jack hesitates to answer.

"He didn't say," he lied. "I guess psychopaths don't have to explain themselves."

"Listen to me. You gotta believe me. My brother and I, we never would have hurt her, okay?"

Nadia slowly rounds the corner into the living room.

Jack was in her sights. He dips his finger in Dean's blood and licks it off fervently. "Oh, god, I'm so hungry."