yellow ғever;pαrт ғιve

𝔄s she hoped, Nadia was in and out of the donut shop in under ten minutes. By the time she passed the threshold outside, she was already biting into a warm glazed donut.

As she happily hummed her way next door, she stopped short, noticing the Sheriff's car parked out front.

Her head tilted as she recalled Linus's words: "Um, he's out sick today."

If he's sick, why was he at their hotel, of all places?

Dean popped into her mind, and she got this feeling of dread in her stomach.

Nadia dropped her donuts and sped into the hotel. She arrived at her room and found Sheriff Britton aiming a revolver at Dean.

"Why are you looking into Luther Garland's death?"

Nadia couldn't see his face, but she could hear the panic and exhaustion in his voice.

"Sheriff Britton," she draws his attention. He whips around, aiming the gun at her. There was blood seeping through his uniform on his forearm.

That's what she heard at the station. The sheriff was scratching himself just like Dean had been.

"You're sick. You're sick like Dean."

"Who the hell are you?" he panted with sweat dripping down his head.

"I'm someone who can help you. But first, you have to calm down. Then I'll explain everything.

"Calm down?!" he grips Nadia by the back of the head, pulling her further inside.

"Hey, hey, hey," she stayed calm, assuring Dean she was okay. He was so petrified that he didn't know whether to help or flee.

Usually, Nadia would fight back, but she knew that he was just scared and hallucinating. She needed to keep them both at ease.

"Frank O'Brien was my friend," he explains with Nadia in his grip and the gun aimed at Dean. "So he made a mistake. So I didn't bust him. So what? And you're gonna bring me down over that?!" He shakes his head. "No, sir."

Dean was so terrified of getting shot that he swats the revolver out of his hand.

Sheriff Britton throws Nadia to the ground, and pins Dean to the wall with an elbow to the neck. With clenched teeth, the Winchester fights against his strength, pushing his face away.

"Guys!" Nadia scrambled to her feet. "You have to calm down!"

Even having been a hunter for years. One of the things her father taught her was to never get in the middle of two men fighting.

"Guys!"

Sheriff Britton ignores her, punching Dean in the stomach.

They struggle again, and Dean returns the blows.

Their eyes lock. Fear overcomes Dean in such a way that he freezes.

He was hallucinating.

"Dean, what you're seeing is not real," Nadia tells him. "Don't believe what -"

Dean freaks out, shoving Sheriff Britton so hard that he crashed through the glass coffee table.

The hallucination left just as fast as it came. Dean kept his distance, visibly worried that he'd hurt him.

"Sheriff?" Nadia knelt at his side.

"Get away from me!" he hyperventilates, scooting away from her.

"Al, you got to calm down!" Dean tries to help.

"Step back!" He clutches his chest, and color starts draining from his face.

"He's having a heart attack," Nadia held his head, desperate to help, but there was nothing she could do with Luther's spirit still roaming.