weeĸeɴd wιтн тнe тυrɴerѕ; pαrт ғιve

"𝔖o let me get this straight," Rufus was trying to understand. "She's fainted like this before?"

"Yes, sort of," Dean and Sam sat with the Turner family in the hospital waiting room.

"Sort of?" Irene sat so far on the edge of her seat; one wrong move, and she could tip over.

"I mean, she fainted, but her nose didn't bleed, and she didn't do the whole disappearing and reappearing bit. This is the longest she's been out too."

They rushed Nadia to the hospital, hoping she'd wake up before they got there. Unfortunately, that didn't turn out to be the case. It'd been hours, and they hadn't received any updates from the doctor.

"Well, what happened when she fainted the first time?"

"Long story short, I had this hand mark on my shoulder. It was from the angel that pulled me out of Hell. She touched it, fainted, and later confessed that she'd heard the angel's name."

Irene held her hand over her mouth, floored.

Rufus holds his head. "Why wouldn't she tell me?"

"I think she slowly began to realize that the weird things happening were happening when she wasn't on the meds," Sam explains. "She didn't want to come clean until she could figure out what was happening. She didn't think you guys would support . . . well, Irene."

Rufus sighs heavily, holding the bridge of his nose. All while Ben turned his head, staring at his mother accusingly.

"Don't look at me like that, Ben." She crosses her arms over her chest defensively. "You weren't there when she -"

"You know she'd never hurt you on purpose!" The twelve-year-old sprung from his seat. "No matter what she feels about you, Nadia would lay her life on the line for you because that's just who she is!"

"I -"

"Why couldn't you just hear her out?" his eyes watered. "Why can't you two get along?!"

Before she could attempt to plead her case, Ben storms off.

"Ben!"

"I got him." Dean finds him on a bench outside. He sits beside him, settling into the hard seat with a sigh.

"Is this the part when you tell me to cheer up and not to worry?" Ben said after a moment.

"Not if you don't want me to," shrugged Dean. "I'd like to think you know not to worry. Your sister is a badass. She's gonna be fine."

"I know. It's just . . . I've never seen her like that. I've never even seen her have a cold."

"Never?"

"Never. I know she's not invincible, but . . . sometimes it feels that way. She and my dad come home with battle scars and cool stories. I tend to see them as heroes more than humans sometimes."

"Well, that's not the worse thing."

"I thought it wasn't until a few hours ago. When she passed out . . . my eyes flashed before my eyes. I realized at any moment, she could be gone."

"Hey, dude," Dean rubbed his shoulder. "Sibling to sibling, try not to think about that. It'll just drive you nuts. Trust me, I know."

"I just want her to be okay. I want her and my mom to get along. I want to be a family . . . like the ones on TV."

"Sorry to break it to you, kid, but families like those don't exist. You're experiencing the real thing on a much lower scale. Trust me, if anyone knows anything about broken families. It's me. My parents are gone. All I have is Sammy and cranky ol' Bobby Singer."