ѕeх αɴd vιoleɴce;pαrт тнree

"I'm surprised. You haven't checked your phone all day," said Jo, chewing on her pizza crust. She and Nadia were at the table, finishing their dinner while listening to rock hits on the radio softly playing on the counter.

"Shocked? I said I missed Dean. Not that I couldn't survive a few days without him."

"I know but I'm a woman. I know how it is. You get that can't stop checking my phone syndrome at least once in a lifetime."

"Yeah, well," Nadia shrugs slightly, sipping her beer.

Secretly she hoped Dean didn't call; afraid he'd find out about Ruby. She'd have no choice but to tell him that she knew all along and that would be a whole other issue.

"I can't believe you don't remember me mentionin' Dean. I mean, Bobby never said anything? He loves the boys like they're his own."

Nadia thought long and hard but there was nothing about the Winchester she could recall.

"That is crazy."

"Give me some grace, it's not like my memory has been the best over the years. Especially when I was on the meds."

"True," Jo thought for a second, draining the rest of her beer. "I have a theory."

Nadia pushes her empty plate aside and leans on the table. "Lay it on me, blondie."

"Your mom said she wiped your memory. That's why you don't remember God and all that?"

"Yeah, so?"

"She erases your memories, but how does she choose which ones stay and which ones don't?"

Nadia frowns. "I never thought of it that way."

"Oh my god, Nadie!" Jo slams her hand on the table, scaring her.

"What? What? What?!"

"What if your memory has been wiped more than once?"

Nadia scoffs, "Now, Jo -"

"Think about it. You were kidnapped by demons and saved by some hero you can't remember. What if it was God? What if it was one of the angels?"

"Okay, but why save me just to make me forget about it?" And God? Saving me but not helping with the apocalypse? I don't know about that."

"Your mom said he loved you, right? You two were close. He obviously cared about her too. So, he swoops in, saves the day but he's not ready to be outed. So, he makes it so you can't remember. And her brother Gabriel? He wanted to help, he could have saved you from those demons. Wiped your memory so you could have a normal childhood."

"Well, I'll be damned," Nadia rubs her head.

"I know it sounds crazy but it's kinda sweet, no? To know that you've had angels, God even, looking after you probably since the day you were born."

"It actually makes me feel . . . violated. I appreciate the saving my life part. But erasing my memories. It's so . . . invasive."

Jo's shoulders slumped. "Well, when you put it like that."

Nadia cringes, "Let's talk about something else. How are you and your mom?"

"We're okay."

"Just okay?"

"Yeah, I mean, we never really got over losing the bar or Ash but uh, on the bright side . . . We've actually been hunting."

"Together?" Nadia was surprised to hear.

"Yup. It was the only way she'd let me hunt."

"And how's it going?"

"It was terrible at first. She was in total mom mode the entire time. Didn't trust my judgment because she was so adamant about keeping me alive. Things hit the fan and we had a big fight. It wasn't until I saved her life in a ghost case that she realized I could take care of myself. Now, we're actually partners. It's great."