ι ĸɴow wнαт yoυ dιd lαѕт ѕυммer;pαrт oɴe

November '08

A lot's happened since I almost slept with Dean. Not with us, but with me. 

Lately, I've been uncontrollably listening in on people's thoughts. Sam was constantly debating whether he should have stopped using his powers and hanging out with Ruby. It didn't help that'd she been reaching out to pull him back in. 

Dean on the other hand was either pushing away his memories of Hell, worrying about Sam, or thinking about me.

They don't know that I'm reading their minds and for right now, it's better that way.

It's easier to stop eavesdropping when it's just us. When we're public, it's a lot more difficult to focus on my thoughts alone. 

It's getting better but curiosity tends to be my downfall, especially if I'm bored.

I'm also hearing prayers as crazy as it sounds. Heavy prayers . . . stupid prayers, people saying grace.

It's been emotionally and mentally draining. So much that I've been pulling away from Dean. Keeping to myself, avoiding our banter. I don't want to but I can't help it.

I might not have the pieces to the puzzle but this angel thing is becoming more real. The world already weighs on my shoulders as a hunter. All of this other stuff is just making it worse.

And to top it all off; I'm hearing the voices again.

Lately, they've been talking about a girl named Anna Milton. That she needed to be found and tried for her crimes.

 That she needed to be found and tried for her crimes

"I'm telling you, I'm more of a gun guy. I'm just not good at this."

Dean sips on his beer, watching Nadia roll her eyes while flipping a blade through her fingers.

"It's not hard, Batman. You just need to focus."

They were tucked away in a corner of a bar, taking a break from the road. Sam was playing pool, leaving the two alone. It was awkward at first since they hadn't discussed what almost happened in Washington. To help ease the tension, Nadia decided to show Dean her secret talent.

Blade throwing.

"Come on, try again." She pulls him to the dartboard, pressing the handle of his blade into his palm. "You got this."

Dean cleared his throat, wiggling his arms and cracking his neck, focusing.

"Alright, let's do this."

"Okay," Nadia stands behind him, lifting his arm. 

He looks back at her, smirking. "Buy me a drink first, would you?"