VII: The Black Widow

"And then, she gave me a lesson on the method of parallel processing to use with my Quirk."

"Hmph, even in Tartarus Kaina's still giving out lectures." Midnight smirked as she listened to Midoriya retell the events of what transpired yesterday. It was lunch time and they were both in her classroom with the door closed and locked to prevent any unwanted eyes from prying inside and listening in to the conversation. "Though I guess being a teacher is still ingrained into her mind since she was responsible for training Hawks. So what happened after that?"

"Well after that we sort of talked about anything casual nothing too special." Midoriya answered. "She still hasn't opened up about anything relating to her personal life, so I'm sorta left with the same progress as I originally started with."

"Well have you thought about sharing something personal with her? It's like an exchange almost where you share one close aspect about you and maybe she'll be enticed to do the same. Key word MAYBE. It's a very risky play but sometimes risk pays off and you have to be willing to trust her with this kind of secret info."

"I've thought about it but.....I-I don't know my personal life is a mess if I'm being honest. I wouldn't want to bother anybody with it. Plus, whenever we go inside that little bird cage thing? There's always a really big group of guards watching us along with a few members of the Commission I wouldn't want to share something personal when there's a lot of people around."

"I get what you mean." Midnight commented. "Having an excerpt from my past be shared while a bunch of random people are around? Yeah I wouldn't want to do that either, and I'm guessing you don't want to try the same method through your tablet because they'll be monitoring it?"

"Pretty much." Midoriya answered as he twisted and fidgeted with said tablet in his lap. "I would really like to have an opportunity where it would just be her and I but, Hawks said that can't happen. Mainly for security purposes of course."

"Shame. But you make do with what ya got, no other way around it."

Midoriya sighed and slowly nodded to Midnight's words. He knew this was impatient of him to think but he really wanted to say that Lady Nagant trusted him, too bad a statement like that is currently on the side of fiction than reality. Whenever he would delve into her eyes of deep purple he could always see the cynicism, distrust and the element of staying on her wits despite him saying that he trusted her. Unfortunate that it wasn't easy as that but in the game of life nothing ever seems to stray too far from that path.

There are parts deep inside Nagant that he wants to know, such as why she managed to land in a location such as Tartarus or her personal life before the status of a pro hero. He could ask the Safety Commission or Hawks for information such as that but he didn't want somebody else to fill in the blanks. He wanted Nagant herself to do it. Mainly because through that manner he'll know that it's genuine and accurate information instead of whatever tricks the Commission might play in weaving their facts. It's already obvious to Midoriya that there is something else occurring within the organization but what exactly is occurring he didn't know. Perhaps the prisoner would be able to give some insight to that thought.

The hope of enticing Nagant into opening up with her favorite treat was a good one but maybe there could be something else that would be able to achieve his goal. Now what that would be exactly is the thought that's been plaguing Midoriya's mind for almost the entirety of this morning. Using Midnight's tips as a guide he can't do much with origami since he isn't allowed to bring in any outside objects. The fact that he's able to continously bring in food for her is a blessing that he won't even bring up for the sake of not having that taken away from him. She did mention Nagant having a stuffed teddy bear collection but that falls into the category of origami and any other outside objects. So unfortunately that's a no-go too.