VIII: Stargazers

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

"Go away." Nagant droned, the woman lying face down on her bed with right arm and leg dangling over the edge. "I don't want your cookies they taste like trash. Even I could do better and I sucked at baking."

"Come on Tsutsumi you know the drill." A muffled voice answered. "Out of bed and face the wall please."

"No. Can't you see I'm in the middle of having fun here Warden? Wheeeeeee, so fun. I love swinging my fingers back and forth for hours at a time."

"Yes I am aware of how exhilarating you feel whenever you swing your fingers to and fro. You've told us multiple times by now, and if you're bored you could always take to the tablet. I'm sure your friend wouldn't mind receiving a text every now and then."

"You need to be locked up, dressed in a straitjacket and tossed into a padded room if you think Midoriya is my friend. You wanna switch places? I could do playing king for a while."

"No, thank you. As lovely as it sounds to drone my days out within the confines of four grey walls with nothing to worry about, I also enjoy my freedom. Out of bed Tsutsumi I won't ask again."

The prisoner remained laying down over her slab, tilting her head down just enough to where she could see the window of her cell door. Peering through the glass was the Warden staring back at her and the two initiated a staring contest where neither of them blinked or moved. Eventually the woman became annoyed at seeing the man's ugly mug, groaning in having to slide off of her bed and be prepared for the daily inspection. Hands interlaced behind her head with body facing away from the cell door, Nagant rolled her eyes at the sound of the door opening up followed by the sound of boots entering within.

"Touch my diary and you'll wake up in Hell before you have a chance to open it."

"Yes we know Tsutsumi." The Warden assured as the prisoner was now being binded within a coffin of chains and restraints. Regardless of her threat he still picked up the prisoner's collection of stapled papers, clipping them onto a clipboard being held in his right hand. "The only person who can go through it is me we've been through this before. Leave her mouth unrestrained for now I need to speak with her while you conduct your inspection."

Nagant scoffed at the mouth restraint that was just about to be placed over her jaw, huffing at the guard who was in possession of it. The Warden took a hold of Nagant's right arm and gently guided the woman outside of the prison cell as a handful of bodies started to inspect every corner of the room. For the meantime, he flipped through the sheets of paper to the last known recording he viewed towards the end and skimmed over her writing. "Hmm. Interesting."

"Not really."

"You don't seem to be writing that much about Midoriya, instead you've gone back to writing about hero society and how tainted it has become. Has the tablet acted as a replacement for the time being?"

"Why would I wanna keep writing about a first year when I could write about how stupid those idiots are for believing nothing is wrong with our society." Nagant commented. "Trust me. When society comes falling down it'll be more destructive than an avalanche of pianos rolling down a hill. People won't know what's right from wrong is anymore."

"So you believe your entries might be some sort of manifesto or a starting point for this so called downfall, right?"

"Not really. I don't see or take myself to be an icon or a symbol for a cause in the making. I'm just a prisoner of Tartarus Warden, what do you think I'm able to do from my current position?"