Chapter 58 - High

**Jasons P.O.V**

I took a deep breath as I kept my stare. On myself. I'm in the bathroom with my hands leaning on the counter, just staring at myself in the mirror. I haven't had cuts and bruises like this on my face since I was like twenty one, I believe. When I was in that crazy car accident and I was ambushed by two guys who were threatening me and then well I ended up in jail.

This past week reminded me of that. Sam and I were ambushed and completely caught by surprise. The guys were really strong and it's been a while since I got into a fight with guys who were as strong as I am. Well, almost as strong as I am. We obviously beat them. But I don't like being caught by surprise like that. That's not me. It's not easy for a single person to sneak up on me. So you can imagine my surprise when somehow they did. At least I don't have to worry about that anymore.

It's been two days since I have arrived back home. It's been great to be with my wife and Drew again. But me being paranoid for two weeks did a number on me.

I glanced over at the clear plastic bag of percocets. I took a deep breath and shook my head before looking away. I shut my eyes tight and thought to myself, you don't need them.

I was only taking them in the afternoon/night, but it's eleven in the morning. I have such an urge to take them. What's stopping me? Nothing at this point honestly. Drew isn't here. Mackenzie wants to sit by the pool with me and relax so if I out on my sunglasses and "fall asleep" out there, maybe she won't even notice. Or if I smoke once I get outside I'll be high off of weed too and she really won't notice.

"Fuck it" I mumbled to myself as I opened my eyes and quickly grabbed the bag. I'll smoke after this. I grabbed two from the bag and took them quickly. I let out a breath then I shoved the bag in my pocket.

I walked out of the bathroom and walked right to my night stand. I took the bag out of my pocket and placed it in the back of my drawer and put some things over it to hide them. I then grabbed my jar of weed and my joint papers and shut the drawer quickly. I'll roll it outside with Mackenzie. I grabbed my sunglasses and put them on before walked out of the bedroom.

I'll make sure today is the last day with these Percocets. I'm going to try hard. I only need weed. I'll be okay.

***

It's been about an hour since I walked outside. I'm high as fuck. It's not a normal weed high obviously since I took pills too. But I have been just laying on the chair by the pool with my sunglasses on. We've been sitting in silence just taking in the day. So my plan is going good so far.

I kind of feel bad though. Only because Mackenzie has no idea. But it's for the better. She'll worry too much.

I jumped a little as I heard our back door slide open.

"Hey!" I heard Mackenizes cheerful voice. Who's here? I sat up quickly and turned my head to see Johnson and Lauren walk in. Fuck. God damn it. He will figure it out. I gave them a forced smile then turned back around. Fuck.

"Today is beautiful" I heard Lauren's voice. "It's not too hot out, it's perfect"

"I know! I feel so happy today" I heard Mackenzie say back. I smiled a bit to myself. I love hearing she is happy. I know the two weeks I was gone weren't only hard for me, but really hard for her. Especially when she didn't hear from me for a week.

"McCann" I heard Johnson's voice then I felt the sun leave my face. I opened my eyes to see him standing above me blocking the sun.

"Hey" I said with another forced closed mouth smile.