Chapter 12

Both were walking through the streets never letting their guard down for even a second. Because of the man in black who was stalking them moments ago right after they had finished their first game. George got more aware of the area and made sure to keep in contact with the atmosphere.

While walking through the sidewalks with the street lights blinking and the buildings surrounding like statues staring into their souls. George was checking his new level. He was now on level 26 and close to level 27.

The process seemed slow but he knew that he would get a level ten already with the experience he got if he was a newbie from that game. "I'm level 24 now" Kassie mumbled while her identity got shut down. George ignored her statement and continued walking through the streets while his hands were in his pockets holding the handle of his flashlight.

It has officially now been at least nine days. George just discovered that he and Kassie were in the first door game for at least two days. That meant that the time in the real world and the dimension world works differently. Sometimes it's advanced and sometimes it's late.

George's eyes lit up.

Bang!

George and Kassie immediately reacted and went in opposite directions avoiding the upcoming knife. George pulled out his flashlight and pressed the button two times. He sliced the upcoming object towards him into two.

For now, he was mostly avoiding using his ability. Not only that it would expose him but he would find it hard to hide the fact that he only had one ability to a person if he somehow lives. George glanced at Kassie who was already pulling out a potion.

Kassie turned to George and threw one at him and George nodded moving his head at her while she understood going through the other alleyway. George caught the potion and saw that it was a healing potion and placed it in his pocket.

George glanced at the man and saw that he pulled out a water bottle and threw the liquid into the air. Once the liquid was in the air it was now turning into shards of sharp ice and turned to George shooting at him. George calmly dodges the first shard and ducks his head slightly then used his flashlight on the remaining.

This was the man's ability. To turn water into shards of ice using them as a weapon. George faced the concrete wall behind him and saw that it was already cracked and it looked like that with just one tap it would fall. The man ran to George while George instantly went behind him.

The man quickly reacted and turned behind him and started throwing punches. George blocked off the first hit with his left arm and blocked the other one with his other hand. This went on for minutes and George was already losing breath while his arm was starting to get sore.

The man then suddenly threw a punch at George's jaw causing George to stumble on the ground. He rolled to the ground purposely and recovered quickly as he drank the healing potion Kassie gave him. He stood behind the tree that was in front of the alleyway and quickly used his super speed to go there.

It was obvious that he didn't have a match against that man for now. That man had huge physical strength and reaction time and even with George's ability he would still die. So it was the right decision to escape. George arrived at the end of the long alleyway and was met by another road.

George slammed himself against the concrete wall breathing heavily, "Did you defeat him?" Kassie asked.

George sighed shaking his head, "Too strong for me to handle. If I didn't escape I would have died" he panted and drank the energy potion that Kassie handed to him. "I'll face him next time. Just not now" he said pushing his back away from the wall and glancing at the new area.