Chapter 102

「 TIME LIMIT: 37 hours and 2 minutes」
「 Bow before the Queen 」

"You look like shit," was the last thing he heard before he passed out. They had already wasted the 11 hours that they could have used finding the queen. With the remaining time being only 37 hours, which was about a day and a half, George doubted they had enough time to kill all the angels before finding the queen. He thought this before he even passed out.

Dream stared at George for a long time as he lay unconscious on the floor, the sword he had been using stabbed into the bloody green grass. With a sigh, Dream pulled out a potion his sister had made, gently lifted George's jaw, and poured the potion down his throat. The concoction, filled with an insane amount of electrolytes, was designed to keep them awake and heal them.

The liquid traveled down George's body, waking him up almost instantly. Kassie's ability was indeed powerful. Dream also drank some of the potion and watched as George stirred.

"We don't have time to waste on all the bloody angels," Dream said once George was fully awake. "We need to head straight for the Queen."

George nodded, wiping the remaining sleep from his eyes. "You're right." He felt so stupid right after he woke up. Killing the Queen will stop the resurrection of the other angels. They won't be immortal without her power.

Why didn't I think of this before?

George was so annoyed that he couldn't help but bite tongue so hard that he hissed.

Dream helped George to his feet. They gathered their gear and started through the dense forest. The trees were tall and thick, their leaves blocking out most of the sunlight. The air was filled with the scent of earth and blood, a reminder of the bloodied angels that roamed the woods.

Piyol, scouted ahead, its white fur a stark contrast to the dark surroundings. Every now and then, they encountered bloodied angels. Piyol would freeze them with a blast of icy wind, while Dream used his power to crush them into shards of ice and blood.

The journey through the forest was arduous. Each step was filled with the tension of potential ambushes. George and Dream fought side by side, their movements synchronized from months of partnership. Piyol darted around them, its agility and ice attacks providing critical support.

Hours passed in a blur of combat and cautious travel. The bloodied angels came in waves, each one more desperate and savage than the last. But George and Dream pressed on, driven by the dwindling time and the need to complete their mission.

"Do you remember when we first met each other and had quite a good date fighting with swords?" Dream asked during a rare moment of quiet. They were resting briefly, leaning against a large tree, catching their breath.

George's eyes narrowed slightly as he looked at Dream. "I remember you nearly crushing me like pancakes."

Dream grinned. "Hey, it was my first time using my powers to about 50%. You should be honored."

George shrugged, a faint smirk playing at his lips. "Of course, your highness."

"Yeah yeah," Dream said, a hint of admiration in his voice. "We make a good team."

Dream nodded, his expression turning serious. "We've come a long way since then. But this... this is the endgame. We can't afford any mistakes."

"We won't make any," George replied firmly. "We've got each other's backs. Just like always."

They pushed on, their bond strengthening their resolve. The forest seemed endless, each mile blending into the next. The occasional roar of a bloodied angel or the crackle of Dream's power breaking the silence.