Chapter 24

After killing multiple low leveled mobs George went back to the mansion. He sighed looking at his level. He was still stuck at level 39 and only a few bars left from getting to 40 where he was getting a new upgrade to his abilities. He was close yet so far at the same time.

George turned his head to the corner and saw Dream looking at him. He smiled, "Need help in upgrading levels?" He asked while the brunette pulled a chair out of the table and say on it.

George, "I can get levels fast enough before the third game. I don't need anyone's help. Besides that won't give you anything," he said stubbornly crossing his arms against the table.

Dream shrugged his shoulders leaning against the wall and sighed, "Forgetting that you're now part of the organization is quite dumb. We don't change the information here we give. So accept the help" he said while George looks at him unsatisfied at his words.

Dream could only stay quiet for a few seconds and think of things that could satisfy the brunette. "You said you haven't been to a side game" he mumbled stopping and looks at George who fiddled with his fingers mindlessly, "There is one game that you can clear," he said and George stared at him.

Dream grinned when he saw the curious look on the other's face, "I haven't played it yet since I just discovered it and with my current level it's kind of useless" he smiled and George's mood suddenly curved and stood up from the table his lips turning into a frown.

Dream, "It's a boss"

George suddenly looked back at him raising an eyebrow. "What level? Where?" He asked and Dream's lips turns upwards.

Dream whispered, "It doesn't say what level but I believe it's an interesting game. Since it's a boss it has to be more than level 60 then. Though with your current level are you sure you'll be able to.." he trailed off and George looks at him furiously showing a demanding expression.

George almost looked like he wanted to shove a fist into the throat on his neck. "Follow me" Dream mumbled getting out of the window beside the kitchen hopping out while George followed him from behind easily.

The two traveled to the streets quietly. George was carefully glaring around the area and made sure no one had eyes on them. Dream probably never let his guard down but the brunette couldn't be so sure that he was the type of person who could be trusted. Even if he had the looks.

After walking for at least thirty minutes Dream stopped walking and tapped his foot on the ground. George looked down and saw metal ladders that were making their way down a canal. Dream pulled out his dagger and opened the bars of the canal and threw it besides.

Dream, "Supposedly there is a boss down there. Just travel a few meters straight," he said.

George stared down at the canal and smelled inside. This wasn't an ordinary canal. The smell of an ordinary canal was supposed to smell like rotten food, animal poop, and a mix of chemicals. But the smell of this was just like a mix of lavender, strong sent of nature, and a dangerous substance.

Dream raised his hand, "The small mobs there are supposed to be around level 10 or so. Their not the boss but.." he then mumbled when he already saw the brunette making his way down the ladders at a fast rate. George pulled out his flashlight when he reached the canal and turned it on looking around the area.

When he reached the canal there was a straight flowing water in the middle and on both sides were sidewalks. The water however was a mix of purple and bright blue. George looked to his left and saw the canal stopping there because of a thick wall and to the right he saw the flowing river like water going in a specific direction.

George looked up at Dream who was staring calmly down at him, "My sister will kill me if you don't come back because you're dead. Please try to stay alive" he joked then pulled a serious look glaring at George sternly, "Make sure to never let your guard down" he said and closed the lid of the ladder.

Even if in George's eyes the dirty blond was just full on jokes. He knew that Dream was also the best player out there probably ranked first if there was a leader board and Dream also acts mature when it came to life or death games.

George walked through the sidewalk and glared around. If he would make a single loud sound it would probably echo throughout the tunnel canal and George didn't want that to happen. The ray of his flashlight hit the flowing river and he saw the water glisten like a nebula.

Out of curiosity, he pulled out an empty bottle from his hand and tried to put some of the liquid inside. He let go of the bottle when he saw this burn and drop into the river. The river was made out of poison. George now knew to stay away from the river as much as possible so he wouldn't get dissolved like the bottle.

Something moving was caught in George's eyes barely. In the other direction, something tried to shoot him with liquid. George quickly ducks his head crouching to the floor. There on the other sidewalk, he saw a black ant with glowing neon blue dots on its body. In its mouth, it shot poison.

George looked at its level and saw this was a level 21 mob. He looked against the wall where the poison was shut and saw the concrete dissolving into lava. This ant seemed to be shooting the poison from the river. He used his claw ability and shot nails at the mob constantly for 15 seconds since that was the limit for one time.

Unexpectedly more of these ants came out and he was forced to kill them. Poison splattered on the walls that got dissolved and some went back to the flowing river. The 15-second limit was reached and George looked at the total of nine huge ants that died due to him. He wiped away the sweat on his forehead because of dodging at least four times.

He went back to following the flow of the river. While he was walking he could feel the atmosphere around him changing. It was getting tenser. A strange aura was filling the canal as he goes deeper into the tunnel. The sound of a stomach rumbling was heard and George couldn't ignore it.

That definitely wasn't him.

He also heard snoring from afar with his sensitive ears. When George reached a one kilometer distance he noticed that the walls were showing a glowing blue, purple, and white light. The sound was getting louder too. The canal curved to the right and George turned to look at the corner placing his flashlight back in his pocket.

When he reached the corner he saw a huge cave and its height was at least the size of a fifteen-story building. Walls were made out of glistening gems and black and gray stones. Rubies of different colors were everywhere on the walls but they were mostly hidden. Some small ponds of the nebula river were also inside.

George looked at the front, "...?!?"

In the middle of the cave, there was the boss. George couldn't see the level but it had to be at least level 100. The monster body's was glowing black and it had the head of a t-rex. It had huge wings on its back and its body was thick and it was like a snake. A huge huge snake about 150 meters.

It had black and blue scales and glowing neon purple eyes. It had two arms on the left and two arms on its right both upper and lower so it had four arms. Its four claws were huge on each arm.

The monster was resting in the middle of the cave peacefully.

George took a step inside the cave without second thoughts and instantly he saw the scales of the monster glow. The monster stood up from the floor and roared loudly as it stomped its tail on the ground harshly; causing the ground to shake. George pulled out his flashlight and looked at the monster coldly.

A robotic voice rang, "Ring! Ordinary player 404 has wakened the Serpent Dragon from its deep one century sleep. Defeat the serpent dragon before it kills anyone!"