Chapter 29

The two fell from the ground and they landed on a soft field of grass. It seemed like there was a hidden place below the grass from above. It seemed like there was a whole new world down here. There was no sunlight and it was dark. There were fireflies everywhere; glowing light blue.

George stood up from the ground and ran his hands through his hair looking in front of him. There was a huge temple inside the hidden world below the island. The temple was huge and multiple vines climbed on the walls with flowers of different colors. There was also a fountain against the walls that poured clear water.

There was a door on the temple covered in thick green vines that could only get cut off with knives. George examined the door of the temple when he got there with Dream who touched the water with his finger. Nothing seemed to happen so he shook the water off his hands.

Dream, "This must be the temple the text was talking about," he said while George nodded agreeing.

Dream stretched out his dagger again a little longer so that it looked like a sword and quickly cut off the vines in front of George who backed away. When the vines got caught off they crawled back to the sides getting away from the door. The door shook open and separated into two while the ground shakes lightly.

A robotic voice rang, "Ring! Ordinary players 404 and Dream have successfully completed phase 1. Find the temple!"

A text popped up in front of them.

「Phase 2–Enter the Temple of The Judge of Death. Enter all the three tunnels alive」

George and Dream both looked at each other and nodded entering the temple. The more they went in the darker it became to the point they were seeing a thing. "It's pretty dark" Dream mumbled and George sighed taking out his flashlight and pressed the second button.

When he pressed the button everything immediately became very bright and the whole area was lighted. There was not a single spot where it was dark. Even Dream blinked his eyes multiple times because of the sudden brightness. On the walls, he saw skulls. Some had hair and some even had knives stabbed on the skull's forehead.

George tried to look away from the skull but he couldn't help but stare at them for a while before getting goosebumps. Suddenly the light on George's flashlight disappeared like a match and everything became dark. A silent breeze flew across their hairs. "The light," he said and pressed the button again, "It won't open," he said.

He could feel his heart beating at a rapid speed because of the darkness. The two couldn't see anything. George pressed the sword button and started to walk beside Dream through the path in pure darkness. Shivers traveled on his back when he heard the sound of a spider coming closer.

Dream threw his dagger behind him and George flinched at the squirt of blood. "A mob is behind us. Multiple. Stay alert" He said and George nodded and continued walking. While walking with mobs following them. Dream grabbed George's wrist making the other flinch.

George understood why he did that and just pretended that it was natural. Step! He pressed his sword on the floor and heard a mob scream and he felt blood on his shoes. "We already entered tunnel one. We have to get through these mobs alive. One way to do that is to sense them" Dream stated.

George remained quiet and just closed his eyes since it was dark anyway. Something grabbed George's feet and he immediately tried to kick it away but it didn't help. He let go of Dream's wrist and placed it on his shoulder. George pressed the first button and cut off the arm of the mob that held his feet and started to run grabbing Dream's wrist.

George, "They're getting closer. That mob that held my feet were strong and I wouldn't be able to escape if I didn't use my sword. Some make you weak too," he said struggling to say it while running with Dream who was slightly behind him.