three

"I'm sleeping better, the meds are working

"I'm sleeping better, the meds are working." Spencer answered her therapist who nodded.

"Okay.. any more panic attacks since our last appointment?" Dr Bray asked. "Um, no." Spencer mumbled. "Any more nightmares? About Adelaide, about Peter, about the war?"

"No. I'm fine." Spencer lied, smiling at her therapist who knew she was lying. Spencer's phone pinged and she pulled it from her pocket. "I'm sorry, I uh- we caught a case." Spencer apologised, reading the message.

"Call me, we'll reschedule."

——————————————

For the last few weeks, Adam had been working a cover to bring down a dealer, but his inside man just died.

Voight sent Adam, Kevin, Spencer and Jay canvassing the neighbourhood.

"I didn't see or hear anything."

"You live across the street, 20 feet away from Eddie's house." Spencer scowled. "I was watching Tv, volume up. Anything else?"

"You knew Eddie? Right? Yeah? Was he a good guy?" Jay asked, leaning against the railing. "Great guy." The neighbour nodded. "Then why not help us find the man who killed him?"

"Not my job."

"You're okay with him getting killed?" Jay sassed. "I ain't say that. I said it's not my job. There's a difference."

"Not really." Spencer scoffed before her and Jay started to walk away.

——————————————

"Hey, techs lifted two fresh prints.. one off a beer bottle in Eddies living room and the other off the front door knob. Both are a match to a Roland Garrett. Male, black, 36. One felony charge; AAF." Spencer said, hanging up her desk phone.

"Track him down, now. Grab Halstead and tell Burgess and Dawson to meet you there." Voight told her and she nodded.

"Jay, we're going for a ride." She called him, rushing out.

——————————————

The four moved into a corner shop, guns up. "Roland Garret? Chicago P.D." Antonio said as he tuned around. "Woah! Woah! What's going on?"

"Keep your hands up. We need to talk. Step down to me." Jay said, holding his gun up. "About what?" "Eddie green. Turn around." Jay answered. "Somebody killed him last night." Spencer says as she holsters her gun. "I know."