sixteen

"Jay! Shhh, Lottie will hear us

"Jay! Shhh, Lottie will hear us." Spencer laughed as she put her arms on either side of him, pushing herself up. "Well, then shut up." Jay teased her, putting his hands on her bare waist and pulling her back down.

"You're so beautiful, you know that?" He asked, putting his hands on the side of her face. "You flatter me." She joked, running her hands up his chest as she leaned down to kiss him. Jay moved his hands down and tightly wrapped his arms around her waist.

A minute later there was a pounding knock at the door. "Guys, your phones have been ringing in the kitchen non stop for the last 20 minutes. For the love of god, one of you pick up before I go out of my mind." Lottie banged on the door, complaining.

"Come on, don't." Jay whined, trying to pull her back as she rolled off him. "What if it's work?" She laughed, trying to fight his grip. "Don't do it." He begged as she sat up.

"Come on, your phones ringing too." She chuckled, picking up her clothes from the floor.

"Morning." Spencer said as she walked into the kitchen where her sister was sipping a coffee. "Mm-hmm. Seems like you had a good morning." Lottie teased and Spencer scoffed as she picked up her phone. "Says the one who had that guy around two days ago. I didn't even catch his name." Spencer rolled her eyes.

"I really need to find my own place, don't I?" Lottie whined into her coffee. "Lottie, I love having you around and you're welcome to stay as long as you like. But.." Spencer glanced over her shoulder to make sure Jay wouldn't hear her, she also lowered her voice when she said "but, you're gonna have to get used to Jay being around.. because from the way things are going, I can see him in my future." She admitted when Jay walked out of the bedroom. "Hey, kev is calling you." Spencer said, handing him his phone. "Kim, what's up?" Spencer answered her phone.

The two hung their phones at the same time, after getting the same call.

"we gotta go."

——————————————

"I was with alderman Burton for two hours last night. He wanted me to invest in some urban revitalisation project in his ward."

"At midnight?" Jay frowned as him, Spencer and this guy walked down a fancy hallway. " oh, yeah, he insisted that we meet after dinner. He seemed desperate for cash." "How do you mean?"

"He offered to pay 15% interest. That's double the market rate. We're friends, but that made me nervous. So I, uh, passed. Then I got my Uber at 2:01 at the bar, and then burton went down the street." He turned his phone around and showed the two proof of his Uber. "You see anything suspicious?"