twenty one

Al didn't get bail

Al didn't get bail.

He was locked up till trial.

After the bond hearing, everyone waited in the bullpen, in their suits, for Voight to return.

"What's the next step Sarge?" Jay asked as Voight walked into the bullpen.

And for the first time, the first time since Voight had become sergeant, he just stood there.

He stood there, betrayal and hopelessness scrawled across his face. And he had nothing to say.

He had nothing to say to his team.

Because in all honestly, he didn't know.

———

that night, everyone went home, trying to move on.

"Hey." Spencer sighed, walking into her apartment. "Hey, how'd the bond hearing go?" Lottie asked, walking over to her sister. Spencer just shook her head, no words coming out of her mouth.

"I'm sorry." Lottie sighed, pulling her sister into a hug.

Later that night Spencer and Lottie sat on the couch, watching a movie and eating popcorn when her phone started ringing. "Pause it there a sec." Spencer said to Lottie.

"Hey, Antonio, what's up? It's late........ what the hell happened? Is he gonna be okay?....... Yeah, o-okay, I'm on my way. Thanks."

Spencer hung up her phone and she jumped from the couch, grabbing her things. "Spencer what's going on?"

"Al was stabbed in prison."

———

"Jay." Spencer called as she hurriedly walked down the halls of Med. "Hey." He breathed out, pulling her into a hug and kissing the top of her head.

The two of them walked into the private waiting room, taking off their coats. "What's the word?" She asked.

"It's not good. He was bleeding a while before they found him. Gloria is in surgery with him now, she's doing everything she can. Voight's upstairs. Now you've all the information we do." Adam sighed, sinking into his chair beside Kim.

"I can't believe this."

———

About two hours later, everyone was anxious, upset, worried and getting antsy. Suddenly, it all stopped when Voight walked into the room.