thirteen

The next morning, Spencer woke up to kisses on her shoulder and neck, with an arm tightly around her waist

The next morning, Spencer woke up to kisses on her shoulder and neck, with an arm tightly around her waist. Something she hadn't felt in a while.

"Hey." She smiled, rolling over to face him. "Morning." He replied, leaning down and kissing her, running his hand up her side. "I missed this. Us. You." He told her and she bit her lip, sighing as she looked down. "Jay, I uh- are you sure we should be doing this? You and me, again?" She wanted his honest opinion and he nodded, understanding her.

"Spencer, I know I hurt you, and as much as I want to, I can't take that back. I don't deserve a second chance, I broke our trust. But if you can find it in you to trust me on one thing, trust me on this, I will do anything and everything I can to prove to you and I love you, that I am loyal to you and that I want to be with you. I promise."

"You have such a way with words." She chuckled and he smiled, kissing her. "Okay, come on. We need to get up." She pulled away and tapped his chest, getting out of bed. "Jay?" She asked as he pulled his jeans on. "Yeah?"

"Can we just keep this between us for now?" She walked over to him, handing him his shirt. "You mean, you, me and Lottie?" He joked and she nodded. "You got it." He agreed, kissing her cheek.

"Good morning." Lottie whistled as the pair walked out of the bedroom. "Hey." Spencer hummed, pulling out a stool and sitting at the counter. "Jay, you want breakfast?" Lottie offered and he shook his head, walking over to the hall stand and grabbing his gun which he left there when he came in.

"I'm good, thanks though." He replied, shoving the gun into the waistband of his jeans. "Now I can see why you keep her around." He laughed, looking at the plate Lottie put down in front of Spencer.

"Mm.. isn't he a charmer." Lottie laughed, looking Jay up and down. "I'm gonna head out, I need to shower and change before work. I'll see you later." Spencer nodded as he leaned in and kissed her.

"What the hell Spencer?" Lottie piped once Jay left the apartment.

"I don't know, Lottie. I don't know."

——————————————

Jay and Spencer stood in the crowd of an anti-police protest, pretending to blend in as supporters as they waited for somebody to arrive.

"Denny Woods' daughter running an anti-police demonstration. I think that might be the literal definition of irony." Spencer joked as she clapped. "Amazing." Jay scoffed sarcastically as the protest continued.

"I got no respect for this kid. I got six friends who died for that flag." Jay said as a kid held up a flag. "Any sign of David Dixon?" Spencer asked into the wire on her shirt. "Nothing yet." Antonio replied to them.