twenty five

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Spencer asked, sitting down across from Jay in a coffee shop, handing him a cup

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Spencer asked, sitting down across from Jay in a coffee shop, handing him a cup. "I'm good." He chuckled, taking the coffee.

"Can we be serious for a minute?" He asked as she shipped her coffee. "Yeah, what's up?"

"We've been back together for almost a year, and now we're engaged. Like, we're getting married, Spencer. Yet, we live in opposite ends of the district." He explained and Spencer slowly nodded, knowing where he was going with it.

"I think you should move in with me." Jay told her and she just let out a breath, not saying anything for a minute. "Look, it makes sense. My place is new, you move in with me and it takes the pressure off of Lottie for trying to find a place. Since the night I proposed to you we haven't talked about any wedding stuff, even once, so, maybe this is what we need to make it feel more real. Spencer, we're gonna spend the rest of our lives together and we don't even live together." He continued saying to her.

"Yeah, I think you're right. So much has just happened lately and I just want some bit of normality and I guess that would be being able to come home to you every night. So uh, yeah, I'll move in with you." She agreed and he smiled, standing up. Jay walked around to her, putting his hand under hr face, tilting her head up to her. He leaned down and kissed her softly and Spencer couldn't help but smile against his lips. Jay pulled away, a playful grin on his face. "I kind of assumed you'd say yes, so.. I brought this anyway." He pulled a key out of his pocket and she chuckled, taking it off him.

"Guess I'll see you at home then."

"I guess so."

———

"Valerie Gilchrist, 19 years old just graduated from the culinary institute. No priors, no red flags. Her sister died when they were kids, but other than that she's had a pretty privileged life." Kim explained. Jay, sitting on his desk, turned to the team. "Do we really believe her dads story that she was there to blog about tacos?"

"Her social medias mostly about food. Best salsas, hole in the wall. According to 'the reader', Cotos had the number three ranked taco in chicago, so..." Adam said and kev nodded. "Wrong place wrong time."

"Check this out. We looked at the pattern of the previous robberies. The crew knew when these places would be fat and how to slip away without being detected. They case these joints, probably ate there. Makes sense they're from the hood." Spencer voiced, handing Voight a file. "If they're worried about her being a witness, why not just silence her there?" Jay asked, standing up.

"She's a white girl. Maybe they thought she was worth something." Kevin shrugged. "Or they grabbed her for other reasons." Hailey sighed.