thirty one

"Sarge, what's going on?" Kim asked as her, Jay, Kevin, Hailey and Spencer walked over to Voight

"Officer involved death."

"Rizzo?" Kevin questioned. "You all should go back to the district." Voight said and then Hailey and Spencer noticed Adam. "Ruzek was involved?" Haileys eyes went wide. "Where's Antonio?" Spencer asked. "I called him off".
Voight replied.

"I thought he was on his way here." Hailey frowned. "He wasn't here. All of you go back to the district, none of you log in on this crime scene."

———

The team arrived at the scene of a carjacking where the victim died, unrelated to Antonio, Rizzo and Eva.

"Put out an alert on the stolen vehicle. It was a Lexus F Type. Seems like the carjackers sped directly into Lake Shore, probably hooked up on 94 or 95." Jay explained to Voight as he and Spencer walked under the crime scene tape.

"Talked to a witness who owns that shop. Said there's cameras that look at the scene." Spencer added and Voight nodded. "Go check it out."

"That's where we're headed." She sassed.

———

"Detectives?" A woman said, walking out of a room with a laptop. "Camera feed goes to the laptop. Im sure it caught the whole thing. Would have at-least seen the girl. She... she was right outside and they just... just..."

"You don't have to watch the footage with us."
Spencer smiled and the woman nodded saying a quick "thank you. I'll be in the back." Before walking away. "All right." Jay whispered to Spencer, putting one hand on the counter and the other hand on the small of her back as he hit play.

"Jesus." She sighed, watching the brutal murder and carjack. "You see that?" She rewinded it and Jay nodded. "Yeah, they're coming from L stop." He pointed a gloved hand to the screen.

———

"Whoever they are, they're smart. Never looked at the camera once. But, they took the L train the whole way there. We were able to trace 'em back to the red line. And they hopped on at 47th street." Spencer explained, Handing Hailey a photo to hang up. "Right, they paid cash so no grace but I'm sending the footage to the CTA workers." Jay added.

"47th? That's Canaryville. That's like two blocks from my moms house. I got a real good CI there, mark Rollins. Guy I grew you with. He's working off a home invasion case. He's plugged in too. Runs with Pat Kent's crew and.. if these carjackers are Canaryville locals, Kent will know." Kevin explained and Jay chuckled.