thirty eight

One Chicago Crossover Part II

Part II.
P.D. 6x15

———

Jay and Spencer stood in chief Boden's office as Joe Cruz showed them the video footage of Suggs stealing the lockbox key.

"Last person I would've expected. The guys solid." Cruz excused Suggs. "He's clearly handing his key off. He's probably not even participating in the burglaries himself. There's gotta be a reason he's doing this." Kelly crossed his arms, sitting on the desk.

"Keys still out there. I think Suggs is trying to get it back." Joe shrugged and Spencer nodded. "Joe, did you get a plate on the car?" Spencer asked and Joe shook his head. "No, sorry." "It's alright." She said before turning to Jay.

"I'll run make and model, have OEMC forward any calls of suspicious activity in the zone of the burglaries to the unit. I'll let Voight know."
Spencer said to Jay and he nodded. "Yeah, okay. Get an emergency ping on the cell too." Jay told her and she nodded.

"Okay, on it. Meet you outside." She replied, touching his arm lightly before leaving the room.

———

Spencer sat in the truck, waiting for her fiancé who was walking out of the firehouse on the phone.

"Okay, roll there with Burg, send me the pink and we'll meet you there." Jay said before hanging up the phone. "Hey, Jay! Hold up!" Joe yelled, running out after Jay.

Jay stopped and turned around to Cruz. "I'm coming with you."

"No, we got it, man." Jay shook his head, going to walk away but Joe got in front of him. "No, no, hey, hey, listen. You have a suspect because of me. I... o got to talk to him. That's it, I... I just got to be there." Cruz explained and Jay shook his head.

"Jay, come on. Let's go." Spencer yelled, beeping the horn of the truck. "Just a minute! Joe, you know I can't." Jay shouted back to Spencer before looking to Joe and sighing. "Jay, please. He's one of ours." Joe pleaded and Jay caved.

"All right, listen to me, you stay where Spencer and I tell you to stay. Got it?"

"Of course." Joe nodded. Jay got in the passenger side of the truck, Joe getting in the back.

"Jay." Spencer frowned when she noticed Joe getting in. "I know, I know. Please don't chew my ear off. I'm gonna hear about it from Voight." He told her and she nodded. "Okay, okay."

———

Spencer pulled the truck over, her and the two guys getting out to meet Kim and Hailey. The two girls sent each other a look and Spencer just shook her head to them, doing a cut throat motion behind jay.