twenty two

"Spencer, jays here!" Lottie called from the living room

"Spencer, jays here!" Lottie called from the living room. "Let him in. I'll just be a minute." She replied, changing her ear rings.

Jay has decided that it would be good for them to go out and have a good night, sort of lift their spirits after everything that had happened. The only thing is, the plan for the night was a mystery to her, jay wanted to keep it a surprise. But little did she know, there was a shiny surprise in a little box in jays pocket.

"Hey." Spencer smiled as she walked out of the bedroom, slinging a bag over her shoulder. The two people in the living room turned to look at her, jays eyes going wide.

"Wow.. you look beautiful." He complimented her as she walked over to him. "Thank you." She smiled, letting him snake his hand around to her exposed back, leaning in and kissing her.

"Okay, get a room or get out of here." Lottie teased, lightly hitting both of their arms.

———

"So.. where are we going?" Spencer asked as she sat in the passenger seat of jays car. "The capital
Grille. You know the one on Michigan Ave?" He told her and her eyes went wide. "Jay! That place is so expensive, I would've been fine with a pizza." She scolded him playfully.

"It's my treat." He shrugged and she tilted her head. "What's the occasion, if I'm getting such a special dinner?" She half joked, sending him a smile, he nervously swallowed, checking his pocket for the box again. "I love you and you deserve to have a night out." He covered and she bought it for the mean time.

"I love you too. And thank you."

———

As they got out of the car, Jay held his arm out and Spencer twisted her arm around his, putting her hand on his forearm as he handed the valet his keys.

"Whoa.. this is.. fancy." Spencer chuckled as they walked inside the restaurant. "Hi, can I get the name of your reservation." A waitress asked as she walked over to them. "Yeah, it's under Halstead." Jay replied and she nodded, looking through the reservation book.

"Okay, right this way."

———

As the waiter brought the bill over to them at the end of the night, Spencer quickly grabbed it before Jay could. She opened it and her eyes went wide. "Jay, this is a lot of money, let me go half." She tried to get her wallet out of her bag when he snatched the bill off her and put it inside.

"Look, it's not like we always go on dates. We literally never do. We spend most of our time at Mollys, so let me pay for this."