five

The unit all sat at a round table in their blues, listening to the alderman's bullshit speech

The unit all sat at a round table in their blues, listening to the alderman's bullshit speech. Spencer glanced to Jay, both of them rolling their eyes.

After the speech, Jay and Spencer retired to the bar. "You wanna roll?" Jay asked her as she sipped her drink. "We're off the clock in ten minutes. Unless you know a place serving free Chantal de Laroque?" She frowned, chuckling.

Jay put his elbow on the counter, leaning his head into his palm. "Wow. You're really um.. oh what's the word? Le snob." He teased and she smirked. "Oh shut up." She scoffed, hitting his shoulder. "How's your shoulder doing?" He asked her and she shrugged.

"It's fine. A little sore, but I'm good. I called Gloria, she says I shouldn't worry."

"That's good, good." Jay nodded. There was a moment of awkward silence before Spencer glanced over her shoulder, scowling when she saw a guy with Voight.

"You know that guy?" Jay asked. "Yeah. Sergeant McGrady. Sergeant out of narcotics. He was in New York a few years back working for us. Good police." She answered and Jay laughs. "She says with hesitation."

"No, he is. He's just.. competitive. Always looking for an angle. Drove me nuts." She shrugged and jay nodded.

"I need to use the bathroom, give me a minute." She said, tapping on the counter as she finished her drink. "Yeah, go on." Jay tilted his head.

—————————————

When Spencer left the bathroom she saw McGrady yelling at a guy. "Sean, we need to talk about this!" "Oh tonight?" "Yeah, tonight!" "You want to talk about this now? What are you out of your mind?"

"Hey! Hey! Whoa!" Spencer yelled, running to them when McGrady pushed the guy. "What's going on?" She frowned. "No, no, we're good. Good seeing you Grey." McGrady said, fixing his tie as he walked away.

"You okay?" She asked. "Yeah, misunderstanding." He shrugged, walking away.

Spencer frowned when she saw Jay running toward her with their jackets. "We got shots fired nearby. Active shooter." He told her, handing her one of the jackets, accidentally brushing his hands up her arm as she ran with him.

————————————

Jay rolled up his sleeves, pulling out his gun as the unit, all in their blues, moved up the stairs of the building. Adam pushed the door open, letting Jay and spender walk in. "I got two down!" Voight yelled as Spencer and nah checked another room.