Chapter 14 - Protector

When Yibo woke up the next day it was already past 11 am. His body felt extremely weak but his heart felt lighter. He was recalling what happened last night when Zhan walked into the room.

" You are awake.. Good morning Yibo " Zhan said with a big smile. It made Yibo's heart warm and secure.

" Good morning Zhange.. " answered Yibo with a light smile on his face.

" So how are you today? " asked Zhan while he sat on the bed beside Yibo.

" I am okay. "

Zhan kept his palm on his forehead for few seconds.

" Good.. Fever is almost gone. Go and freshen up. I'll ask Madam Yu to prepare your breakfast. "

Zhan helped him to the bathroom and also picked up clothes for him.

Twenty minutes later Yibo was back on the bed. He sat up on it supporting his back on the bed frame. He was covered with a blanket upto his waist. He had a food tray on his lap. On it there was a bowl of congee which Yibo stared at with a frowned face.

Zhan sat on the bed looking at him for a while. Then he picked up the spoon and put it on Yibo's hand. He gestured him to eat.

But Yibo stubbornly shook his head giving a stern "no".

Zhan took a long sigh. Then he reached behind his back where he was hiding a bowl. He placed that bowl filled with Yibo's favourite sweets beside the bowl of congee.

Yibo's eys flickered as he look at those colourful sweets. He was going to jump to it, but Zhan covered it with his hand.

" uh..uh.. you have to eat the congee first. "

" I'll eat this first.. "

" No.. congee first "

" They both go into my stomach. What's the different? "

" Well, one is your meal and other is dessert. You are supposed to eat your meal before dessert. "

" Who says? "

" I say... Now eat. "

But Yibo was determined. He was not going
Eat that. So Zhan had to go into final measures.

" You know, I put it on the table on the table. I can take it out too. " grabbing the bowl he added,

" Mr. Jiang loves this. He can eat this all in one bite. "

Zhan had been looking at the bowl very seriously. Just as he was about to take it out a milky white hand grabbed his hand.

A grin came upon Zhan's face which he covered almost immediately. When he looked up he found Yibo glaring at him and also picking up the spoon.

Yibo started eating the congee. Not exactly eating.. He was stabbing that bowl of congee like he had met a past enemy. While putting the spoon in his mouth he would glare at Zhan. It was truly scary. Yet Zhan had to look away to hide his laughter that was about to burst out.

After Yibo ate more than half with Zhan's pesturing...no..no.. threatening, Zhan put a thermometer in his mouth.

" Keep it under your tongue. Don't bite it. "

Zhan took out Yibo's medicines and picked out few pills in to his hand. He gave them to Yibo with a glass of water. Then he took the thermometer out.

" You still have a slight fever. Let's drink fever reducer for morning. It will be completely gone by noon. "