Chpater 37 - Present and Future

" Zhange, try this one. Say aaahhh... "

Zhan turned toward the passenger seat and obediently opened his mouth not even knowing what Yibo was putting in.

They were on the road far away from their home. They were headed for the village Yibo's grandma lives.

Since Yibo's extra dancing classes ended their Sundays were free again. And this week being the twentyth wedding anniversary of Madam Yu and Mr. Liam, Zhan decided to give them some alone time and purposely chose this day to visit the old woman that helped and took care of Yibo.

It takes hours to drive to that village. But Zhan thought to make this their own little road trip and drove the car by himself.

Yibo who was extra excited about the trip had spent the previous day choosing the perfect attire. He had emptied his whole wardrobe on to the bed and spent hours throwing his clothes everywhere.

Even though the whole day passed Yibo still didn't find anything to wear. He started whining about how he doesn't have anything good to wear. So Madam Yu took the matters into her own hands. With just two minutes she found something simple, comfortable and warm , something perfect for a road trip.

After that Yibo moved on to choose best snacks for a road trip. And this time too he couldn't make a choice. So Mr. Jiang had intervened and had filled the entire backseat with snacks and told him to eat whatever whenever he wants.

So in the early morning they set off in their car filled with all kinds of snacks.

They could have reached the store before noon. But thanks to Yibo's horrible sense of direction it was hours past noon when they reached. However what's before them was no longer a little store. It was a restaurant.

" Bo, didn't you say it was a food stall ? " asked Zhan unfastening his seat belt.

Yibo who was already out of the car excitedly spoke,

" It's grandpa's name. I am sure this is it. Grandma always said that it was her dream to start a restaurant since a child. And she did it!! And she named it after grandpa. "

Yibo was already out of the car and running inside restaurant.

Yibo was looking around the restaurant when Zhan caught up to him. Yibo's eyes caught the old woman with her hair tied on top of her head and wearing big glasses. She too was looking at him. She was squinting her eyes to see clearly.

" Grandma.... " yelled Yibo making everyone in the restaurant look upto them.

Grandma was not scared of that intruder running to her. She recognised his voice. As she gasped she unconsciously widen her arms.

" Yibo... "

Yibo had to bend her knees to hug her.

" oh... Yibo... You are here.. You are here. " she patted his back.

" Grandma, I am sorry I took long to come back. I even left without letting you know. "

" It's alright. It's alright. As long as you are safe everything is alright."

Yibo broke the hug. She took some while to look at him from head to toe. She had wiped few tears

" Grandma, you finally did it. You made your dream come true. "

" Weren't you the one told me I have all the time in the world to do what I want to do. "

Grandma said with her toothless mouth.

All this while Zhan was watching this interaction in far away with a smile on his face. Then he walked upto them. However more he walked near them more this grandma looked familiar.