Chapter 53 - Powerful words

The previous day at 4.00 p.m. a building of the new shopping mall complex which is being build by Xiao, Wang and Nie Corperations had collapsed.

This collapse was unexpected and looked fatal, however no human lives were taken nor injured. The damage to the site had been minimum as well. That was all thanks to Xiao Zhan and his overthinking mind.

When months before Xiao Zhan changed those incharged of the site they too had made many changes. And those newly incharged workers had complained about this building saying that there were structural concerns.

When those incharged of the site made direct contact with the CEO with the authority he had given them, Zhan ordered them to hault the construction of this building and to fix the issues after a thorough investigation.

At this time Zhan was told that these structural concerns were not that serious and the chance of a collapse is less than 1%. But his overthinking mind didn't let him ignore it. For the sake of that one percent chance of collapsing Zhan had taken extra safety measures.

And those extra safety measures were the very reason that not a one single soul got injured.

Yibo sat on the bed with his phone on his hands anxiously waiting for a call or a message. In his mind same question was being repeated over and over,

" He would be fine. Right? "

Yibo tapped on the screen which was off and opened the messaging app. He stared into Zhan's last message trying to see if he had missed something for the tenth time. But the message was too short to miss anything.

" I'm all right. I'll call when I can "

He opened the dial pad. All he had to do was speed dial 1. But he didn't. He didn't want to disturb him. This action happened for the twentyth time in the night.

" Bo, You are still awake? "

Yibo at once lifted his head and saw Zhan walking to the bed in an exhausted state.

" Zhange.... "

Yibo didn't waste any time. He jumped from the bed, ran to him and gave him a bone crushing hug.

Due to Zhan's exhaustion and Yibo's new grown muscles Zhan stumbled few steps back and he had to hold on to the door not to fall down. However that didn't stop him from smiling to ear or hugging him back.

The hug was only for few seconds. Yibo pulled away and began searching Zhan all over like airport security.

" Are you okay? Were you hurt? It was on TV. They said it collapsed. Did it fell on you? " asked Yibo tip toeing and checking his head.

Zhan laughed out loud. But soon he bended his knees making it easy for Yibo to search his head.

" No, it didn't fell on me.. I was not even there when it happened. " said Zhan but he stood there letting Yibo do whatever he wants.

When he couldn't find any wounds and bumps on Zhan Yibo took a breath in relief.

" Did anyone else get hurt? Someone in the site? "

Zhan shook his head,

" No. No one got hurt. "

" Oh. Thank god. "

Yibo didn't miss the exhaustion in Zhan. Zhan could barely keep his eyes open.

" Zhange, Have a shower first. Then we can talk. "

Yibo held his hand and removed the watch. Then he untied his tie and took of the blazer. He unbuttoned Zhan's shirt and took it away as well. Then he handed Zhan a towel and took him in to the washroom.