Chapter 26 - A Change and A Sketch

Next day too it was Zhan who woke up first. But this time when he opened his eyes and found that kolar bear clunging onto him , he was not embarrassed at all. Instead it brought a smile to his face.

Zhan wanted to see that beautiful face. But Yibo was lying on his chest. So he could only caresse his hair and stroke his back.

Yibo had this special power on Zhan that he can make Zhan forget everything in the world. That's why Zhan didn't even realised that an hour already passed while he was playing with Yibo's hair.

When Zhan realised how late it was he unwillingly put Yibo back on the bed. Of course it wasn't easy. It was a great struggle with those limbs that gets woven around him no matter how many times he remove them. In the end Zhan had to replace himself with a pillow.

And after another hour or so Yibo woke up when he felt that Zhan had gone short and soft. He was not pleased at all to found himself alone in the bed. So while yawning and scratching his neck he went looking for his tall pillow/mattress.

When Yibo found Zhan sitting in his desk with attentively reading the file in his hands, Yibo's sleepiness disappeared.

" Zhange, What are you doing? "

Zhan looked back at him. But he missed his angry tone.

" Oh. You are awake. Why did you wake up early. Sleep some more. " said Zhan with a smile.

Yibo didn't smile back.

" I asked what are you doing? "

Zhan was surprised by this both unusual and familiar tone.

" I was just looking at a file.. " replied Zhan trying to remember why that tone was familiar.

" You are not supposed to looking at file now. You are supposed to be in bed for two days. That's 48 hours and it's not 48 hours till 4.pm today. Now... Get back on the bed.. "

It was Zhan's turn to be scolded.

" Yibo, It doesn't mean I have to actually stay in the bed for 48 hours. It was only a figure of speech "

Zhan was trying to do some damage control. But his voice died in the end when Yibo wooved his arms around his chest and waited with a sharp gaze.

Sharp gaze.. It was a small version of death glare.. Ah.. Madam Yu.. That's why it looks familiar.

" Get back on the bed. " A calm and a steady voice.

Calm and steady things are the most dangerous. So Zhan stood up at once and walked to bed keeping his head down. He didn't dare to look at him.

So as for the wishes of ..... No.. orders of Yibo, Zhan spend the day on the bed.

It was just like the day before. This day too Yibo had meals with Zhan on the bed. He shoved that thermometer three times into Zhan's mouth. But he was not able get some sweets this time.

The secret sweets stash has been moved into undisclosed location and the security of the kitchen has been tightened. After some investigation Yibo concluded that it would be difficult to find the location of the target for the next few days.

After the dinner both of them laid on the bed facing each other. It was too early to sleep and even after talking for hours they still had so much to share.

Zhan told him about his father, Mr. Wang Haikkuan. Though Zhan was very little when Mr. Haikkuan used to visit Xiao Mansion, Zhan still had good memories left of him. And Yibo loved to hear about him. His eyes had would shine when he hears about his father.