Chapter 18 - A Competitor

Zhan was walking back and forth in the living room. He put his fingers through his already messed up hair. He was sweating all over. He had loosened his tie yet it was too hot. So he had unbuttoned few buttons of his shirt as well.

Zhan was a living mess.

He walked few steps to the kitchen. Then stopped and turned.
He walked few steps to the front door. Then stopped and turned.
He walked few steps to his room. Then stopped and turned.

Zhan cannot figure out simplest things. His brains is not functioning well.

What is making this smart man go into this confused state like a cat who is angry at his own reflection from the mirror.

Was it that since he had refused and offended Wang Yifeng, Wang Corporation might act against Xiao Corporation?
Or
Was it that his best friend and talented police officer who is now suppose to be doing an undercover job, is working as a driver for Wang Yifeng?

Nope. None of it.

It was that man that he liked, the man that he loved and the man he wanted to keep as long as he can had just kissed him on his cheek, smiled at him and walked back to his room like he had done something normal.

" Zhange, I need help with this "

Yibo walked in to the living room with a first aid kit. The water droplets on his hair were drifting down to his long sleeved shirt showing that he just had a shower.

Zhan stared at Yibo dumbfounded.

Here he was at the brink of loosing his mind. But Yibo seemed unaffected by his own actions.

Yibo walked up to the sofa and sat down with the first aid kit. Then he looked at Zhan and tapped on the seat beside him, gesturing Zhan to come and sit down.

Zhan looked at him blinking his eyes for a minute. Then he obeyed like an obedient pet. Actually, right words would be like a machine. Because by then his brain has stopped working. He could only follow orders.

Yibo kept the first aid box on Zhan's lap and rolled up the right sleeve. He extended it to Zhan and waited.. But nothing happened.

" Hurry up Zhange... "

" Huh? "

" My wound. You have to take care of it. "

" oh yeah.. yeah. Yeah.. okay.. okay "

But still Zhan only stared.

" Zhange.... "

" What? "

" My wound.. "

" Your wound?. You have a wound? "

Yibo just didn't know what to say. What has happened to his Zhange??...

After another several minutes of this kind of a useless conversation Zhan was finally attending to Yibo's wound.

He cleaned it first. Next step was to apply the medicine. But there were too many medicine tubes on that first aid kit. Zhan just didn't know what to use. The problem was that he had forgotten that there were names on the tubes and that he had the ability called reading.

" The left one Zhange.. Hurry up. Hurry up. Madam Yu might come any minute now. "

" Huh? What's the problem with that? " asked Zhan applying medicine as gentle as possible.

" She told me not to ride the bicycle on the foot path. If she see this wound, she'll definitely figure out I did it. She is like CIA. Nothing can hide from her eyes "