Chapter 46 - Two hearts Part 1

Zhan opened his eyes because his arms were empty. He could see what his arms lacked was sleeping far away in the bed

Yibo was about to roll again.

He was already in the corner of the bed. With another roll he would definitely land on the floor. That's why Zhan's long arm reacted even before he could think.

Zhan had grabbed Yibo's shirt. Then he pulled this sleeping man to him until this man's back collide with his chest.

Zhan sat up on the bed. Of course after he put his leg over Yibo. He didn’t want him to roll away.

After seconds of searching Zhan saw that the pillow was already being kicked to the floor.

This was Yibo's sleeping habit. He can't stay in one place at all. He would roll on the bed left to right. Right to left.

Yibo was like a bus riding between two cities. Zhan was like a rest shop between this two cities where Yibo get hugs and kisses instead of food and drinks.

Even though Yibo spends the whole night rolling he would always come back to Zhan's arms. But on rare days he would roll out of the bed and land on the floor. That's why Zhan would place two pillows on the two corners of bed every night.

That was Zhan's way of making a road block for Yibo so that Yibo would know that it's time to turn and go back to Zhan.

Zhan was too sleepy to get up and pick up the pillow. So he grabbed that giant stuffed bunny which they had brought in the amazement Park and placed it on that side.

Zhan laid back on the bed and he slipped his arm under Yibo's head making a pillow for him. He used other hand to wrap around his waist and to pull him even more closer.

It was like their bodies were glued to each other. Zhan kept his face on Yibo's hair where he took long breaths taking Yibo's scent. He land his lips on Yibo's neck and gave slow pecks all over.

Zhan now understands half of the meaning when they say you need to loose it to realise how important it is to you.

Now it's clear Yibo had gone through a torturous period. What if something went wrong? What if Yibo had never woken up after that injury to his head?

Then wouldn't it mean that only one on this bed would be him.
Then wouldn't it mean that his arms would be empty forever.
Then wouldn't it mean that his life would be empty forever.

With that thought Zhan lifted his head only to lower himself to Yibo's face and give dozens of pecks to that milky white neck and shoulder and to that chubby cheeks nonstop.

Zhan only stopped when Yibo swifted in his sleep. Zhan knew what was going to happen next. So he removed his leg from him and loosened his hands as well.

In his sleep Yibo turned around. This time he was facing Zhan. He hugged Zhan , put a leg over him and hid his face in that chest.

Once Yibo settled in that position Zhan again tightened his arms around him. Then he moved on to land kisses on that side of the face which he couldn't kiss before.

Since that day Yibo told him about his nightmares he had started seeing them again. Zhan wakes up in the middle of the night hearing Yibo whimpering and trembling in his sleep.

It broke Zhan's heart to see him like that. He felt helpless. He wished he had magical powers so that he could take his pain away. But he didn't have any powers.

Being rich, being educated and being famed were all useless. What is the point of having them, when he can't even heal the aching heart of his lover.

All he could do was pick him up, take him to his arms, call him sweet words and stroke his head until he calms down.

Yibo started swifting again. He was pushing Zhan. Zhan knew what he had to do. He layed on his back and Yibo rolled right on to his chest as if Zhan is a mattress.

This time Zhan used both his strong arms to wrapp around his waist. To secure him on his body.

Zhan gave pecks all over his head. As a lonely tear fell from Zhan's eyes he gave a long kiss.

He cannot believe how much he has come to love this person. Even the thought of loosing him made him feel like his whole world shattered to pieces.

It was weeks since Yibo told him about his nightmares. Now Yibo gets a good night sleep without nightmares. He rarely see them. But Zhan still wake up in the middle of the night and makes sure he was alright.

Even after all the precautions Zhan had taken , the heavy protection he had put around Yibo he was still anxious.

Because it was not just a memory now. That man, that cruel being that hurt him had appeared once before him again.

Since that he had not appeared again. So its more likely that either it was a unfortunate coincidence or who that man came for was not Yibo.

But how can he be in peace when he know that that man had gotten close to Yibo once again. Which meant that he could have hurt Yibo or done much worse.

What if he come again?

Yibo rolled out of Zhan's body and landed on his right side. Along with him Zhan layed in his side and made his right arm a pillow for Yibo.

Zhan raised his head to make sure the pillow and the stuffed bunny was where he placed them. Then he pulled the man who was already snuggling to his chest mumbling something in his sleep.

Again Zhan landed dozens of his kisses on his face. Finally he gave long kiss on his forehead.

It didn't matter if he comes again or not. Because he would protect him. Whatever the cost he would protect him.

Even if he had to give his life away in return he would keep him safe.

🔷️🔶️🔹️🔸️▪️🔸️🔹️🔶️🔷️

To be continued
2022.10.09

LanLoveXian