Chapter 23 - Everything changes Part 2

Zuocheng had been looking down to avoid showing the tears on his eyes. Zhan gave him a soft pat on his shoulder.

" A-Cheng, I am sorry about Shing "

Zuocheng nodded his head. He steadied himself and continued.

" Shing left a suicide note "

" What? But he didn't kill himself. "

" I had the hand writing checked. He really did write it. Even I would have believed it if not for what he had written on it. "

" What did it say? "

" He said that he was guilty for his cousin's death. That when his cousin asked for help because of his illness, he refused to help him. He said that when his cousin called he had yelled at him and called him names. He said it was the reason his cousin killed himself.

He also wrote that because of the guilt he took a leave from work to relax his mind. But it didn't work so he had no choice but to take his own life. "

" What the hell??. And people believe that? "

" No one else knew what he was doing. And he did took a leave saying he was stressed. So the story matches "

" And you didn't say anything? "

" I have been a cop for a long time Zhan. Both these murders were done clean. It was someone experienced. My gut said it was a bad Idea to speak up at that time. It's not like I had evidence to prove anything.

And I was right. After Shing's arrest the CEO of Fuoxy company was arrested for withholding drugs and he went to prison for fifteen years. Right then the company went bankrupt and it was soon taken over by Wang Corporation. "

As the name Wang coming up again Zhan put his hand on his forehead. He was getting a headache. Shaking his head Zhan spoke.

" This is too complex. I knew Yifeng had killed someone and went to jail for it. But this.... I never imagine this. For the past decade Yifeng had taken over more companies. If this is how he take over companies who knows how much people he had killed already. "

" His classmate was his first kill. When he was arrested for it they found drug in his system. "

" What? He even used drugs? "

This was keep getting worse.

" Yes. Probably it must have intensified his need to kill.

That man put on a great act. He had stabbed his friend multiple times and after he bled to death he presses on his injuries pretending to " stop the bleeding" and called for an ambulance.

He cried and wailed in the court saying that he doesn't know anything. He swore that he didn't use drugs and didn't kill him.

But no matter how much he pretended all the evidence was pointed at him. So his lawyer made up a story and said someone had drugged him without his knowledge and had made him kill his friend.

The lawyer argued that these actions were not done in his right mind. And because he had tried to " save his friend " and also surrender to police Judge gave him five years in prison and because of his good behaviour he was let out in three. "

Zhan couldn't handle those anymore. It kept getting darker and darker.

" So that's why you went undercover as Yifeng's driver. To find evidence?. "

" Yes. And I did find them. I can prove Yifeng took over Fuoxi company by illegal measures. Not just Fuoxi company. I found good evidence to prove he took over other companies in the same way. "