Chapter 19 - Past

" Hey, it's me. I'll explain later. Till then act like you didn't see me. And Never tell Medusa you saw me. She will kill me before I die on the job. Don't reply. This isn't my phone "

That was the message Zhan received after dinner that night. It was from an unknown number. But the name Medusa was enough to Zhan to know who this was.

In this world there was nobody more scared of Ziyi than Zuocheng. And Medusa was the name he used to call her. Of course only when she was not around.

This message only reminded Zhan of the seriousness of this case. Zuocheng was a smart police officer who was really good at his job. Since their little boy was born he refrained from taking any dangerous jobs for the sake of his family.

So the fact that he was working undercover as a driver for Yifeng means that this cannot be anything simple. It meant that even though he has thousand questions regarding their relationship this was not time to think about those. This was the time to have a serious conversation with Yibo.

When Zhan knocked on the door of Yibo's room and went in, Yibo was leisurely sitting on the bed with Prince beside him watching TV. Zhan had successfully shared his enthusiasm for movies with Yibo. Now whenever Yibo was free he was in front of the TV.

" Zhange "

There was his usual welcome which seems to get louder day by day.

Zhan smiled in a reply but he didn't waste time and got right in to the point.

" Yibo, I want to talk to you about something "

It's not everyday that Zhan would have a serious expression on when he was with Yibo.

" Okay. " said Yibo as he turned of the TV.

Zhan walked to the bed and sat beside Yibo. He took a long breath before saying,

" I want to talk to you about your past. Before you came here. "

That sentence was enough to make Yibo's eyes flinch. But soon he steadied himself. What's there to be scared anyway. Isn't he talking with his Zhange..

" Ok. Go on."

" It's not much. Only few questions. You don't have to answer if it makes you uncomfortable. Okay? "

" okay Zhange "

" All right. First of all, Where did you get your business degree? "

" Don't have one Zhange. "

" Where did you go to University? "

" I didn't go to a one. "

" mm.. " Zhan nodded his head. He was not surprised.

" Then did you go to school? "

" No. "

" Were you homeschooled? "

" Yes. "

" You were? " asked Zhan confusedly.

" Yes. "

" How old you were when that stopped?. "

" I don't remember clearly. I guess I must be around twelve or thirteen years old then. "

" Twelve or thirteen?? What were you taught? "

" To read and write "

" That's it?? Nothing else? "