Chapter 20 - A Hope

Zhan walked upto his office with Yubin following him behind. After sitting down on his chair he checked some documents and advised Yubin about how to deal with some situations. After Yubin left the office with the documents Zhan leaned on to the chair and loosened his tie. He looked up at the ceiling and stretched his long legs. Then he closed his tired eyes and took a long breath.

Another busy day at the office.

It's been two weeks since Yifeng visited the Xiao Mansion. Considering Yifeng's nature Zhan had been expecting to see something to happen. But strangely nothing happened. Yifeng didn't try to persuade Zhan about his new ideas either.

It almost looked like Yifeng had obeyed to everything Zhan had said that day.. But Zhan was not dumb to believe that. Afterall things are always very calm before the storm hits.

So Zhan had to think far and prepare himself and his Corporation for any attack.

Most easiest target for Yifeng would be Zhan's board members. Past two decades Xiao Corporation had been supported by Wang Corporation continuously. So it's natural for them not to like the idea of seperating from Wang Corporation. And most of them being old and traditional didn't help at all.

Zhan was worried that if he propose the idea of seperarting from Wang Corporation his board members might question his abilities as CEO. So these few weeks he had been working day and night to get more deals and profits to Xiao Corporation.

He wanted to prove that he can take upon the leadership of the business without anyone's support and that he is worthy enough to be the leader of the Xiao Corporation.

Zhan was drifting to sleep when he jerked awake hearing the ringing of his phone. He groaned.. He really didn't want to open his eyes. But what else can he do?.

Zhan sighed and grabbed the phone on the table. He looked at the screen with half open eyes. However the moment he saw the contact number his eyes lit up.

Zhan's pale face was suddenly coloured again. His eyes were shining. He smiled big showing his white bunny teeth as he picked up the call.

" Zhange !!... "

Zhan had to push the phone away from his ear as the loud and excited voice of the the younger resounded inside his ear. Zhan chuckled and got the phone back to his ear.

" Why are screaming brat? My ear almost fell off. "

In other side he could hear the sweet giggle of Yibo. It was honey to his ears.
Smiling to himself Zhan asked,

" So what are you doing? Are you done with your lesson? Did the teacher leave? "

" Yep, she just left. "

On the other side Yibo was laying on his bed and was shaking his legs.

" So what did you learn today? "

" Korean War. Zhange, Did you know that nearly 6 million people died in Korean War. "

" Really? I didn't know that. "

" Yeah, apparently lots of people are still missing up to this day. It is really sad that one country was broken into two. Isn't it Zhange? "

" Yes. It is really sad. "

" Think about it Zhange. If were born there at that period of time and you had to go to a business meeting in the other side while I stay at home. And suddenly War would break out. We would be separated for life !!

It would not be something we decided. We would not even have a reason to stay away from each other. It would be that we simply cannot be with each other. Our whole lives would pass without we seeing or talking to each other. "