Soft

Bucky being a soft bean to you in front of everyone in the meeting about business because why not?

He is miserable, even though he planned it. You were playing with Natasha outside the room as he makes things clear. You were off limits, for anyone. No one would harm you, and that was everyone's priority. After you came home with a note in your lunchbox stating a clear threat, he made sure to address it.

An hour into his lecture, he was bored and could hear your giggles from down the hall, your footsteps getting closer and closer until the door was attempted to be opened. He could hear your small grunts as you pushed the mahogany wood, but to no luck. He stops mid-sentence and walks over to help you with the weight, smiling when he catches you from falling over.

"I gotcha, Princess," he says in your ear, listening to your giggles as he places you on his shoulder to carry you back to the table. "Say hi, Princess," he mutters when all the glares turn into soft admires, your eyes wide when your uncle slides a juice box across the table.

"They should bring us ice cream." Accidently ignoring his soft suggestion, you turn to your father with nothing but innocence as you speak. "Mommy says we're out."

Bucky nods affirmitively, and looks back to the group of assassins and trained men and women. "You heard the Princess," he states when no one moves, his glare hardening. "Ice cream. And not the cheap stuff. Get any flavor you seek best."

"We can have an ice cream party!" You shout in excitement when chairs roll away from the table, watching as the guest grab their things. "We can invite everyone!"

"Is that what you want, Sweet Pea?" Bucky can admit it now that he feels the change in his heart. After an hour of making a point, you walk in and everything changes. He has gone soft, and in front of the people he trusts most to do it with. "Come back and stay," he calls after seeing your eager nod. "Bring family if you would like, we're having an ice cream party."

He would never tell Natasha the sugar you were about to eat, but he couldn't help himself when you were hugging his neck with cheerful giggles. You had just walked in on business that went right over your head, and he could care less. He does.

Bucky had noticed even more that he has changed. After the ice cream party, Natasha had tried to stop you from going into the important meetings, having fallen asleep in your room after trying to put you down for a nap when you snuck away that day.

And once again, he found himself stopping an important encounter with his men when soft knocks are heard on the door. Steve is quick to get up, opening the large frame and moving out of the way to let you through. Your hair was a mess and a stuffed giraffe was hanging just barely in your grasp as you walk to the end of the table.

"Shouldn't you be in bed, Princess?" Bucky lifts you up effortlessly and let's you lay on his chest, your head balancing on his shoulder. He freezes when you start to shake, quiet sobs breaking through your small body as you cling to his Tom Ford suit.

"I had a nightmare, Daddy," you manage to get out, crying harder once you realize just how bad it was.

Bucky freezes for just a moment before he nods, slightly bouncing his body as he rubs your back. He can feel the sweat slowly making its way through your unicorn nightgown, and frowns when you cling onto him harder.

"Stay here," he commands the group I'm front of him before leaving the room completely, walking you back to the suite you have just up a flight of stairs where him and his wife share a room just down the hall from you. "It's all right, Princess," he cooes into your ear, and sits upon your bed that was barely holding his weight of pure muscle.