See What Happens

Another protective Steve because why not :)

It wasn't uncommon for you not to go to bed when needed, always walking around the compound late at night to drive your energy off. And really, you needed to before you got in trouble by bothering Steve with the ball you use to bounce off the walls at three in the morning, causing both of you to be tired to the point you take naps in the afternoon.

Though, it started getting worrying when sleep stopped coming to you, having a harder time laying in bed. You were tired, but you couldn't sleep, yet you couldn't move. It was pulling on you, sometimes your work, even your life. Especially now.

Everyone could see the exhaustion dragging on your body, even after the medication Cho had given you to help sleep. It wasn't enough, but you weren't at the point to as for more because of the high dosage.

Steve was the only solution. He found a way to get you to calm down and find the sleep you needed, even without the medicine.

You found him in the common room with a few of the boys. He was laying on the couch, tossing a ball into the air and catching it before throwing it to Bucky, who was laying on the ground across the room.

Slowly, you crawl into Steve's lap and lay on top of him, your arms wrapped around his torso as you lay in between his legs. "Can you play with my hair?" You ask softly, and sigh in content when he chuckles and works his fingers through your roots.

"What time did you go to be last night?"

"I didn't." Taking a tired breath in, you feel relaxed enough to close your eyes, his heartbeat becoming a lullaby that has you asleep in just ten minutes.

The boys got the hint to leave when Steve was falling asleep with you, the lights turning off after each for a picture to send to everyone around the tower.

It wasn't until later when he woke up to Tony poking him, annoyed when he realized he was doing it on purpose.

"What, Stark?"

"So you are awake," he points out, and goes to poke your back when Steve grabs his hand.

"Wake her up, see what happens." The threat was left unfinished, but it got him to roll his eyes and leave, feeling you shift below him as you tightened your grip on his body. "You awake, Honey?" When he didn't get an answer, he smiles and relaxes again, kissing your head before falling asleep.

Word Count - 439

Short and sweet!