Fire

I just thought this picture suited best :)

It was nothing unknown by the amount of times that Bucky can't cook. Not even bake. One step in the kitchen, and it was like the sprinklers were going off, as well as the smoke detectors as you ran in to help with the mess he had tried to call breakfast or lunch.

Dinner was more for you because it ended up with you ordering take out due to his distractions, as well as Alpines as she moved across the counter to eat the food. But Bucky loved it as much as he loved you, his arms no looser than when laying in bed as you stood at the stove.

When the two of you got a house together, he knew it was good you designed the kitchen, his hand still in yours as the two of you picked floors and counter tops. Rocky, the dog you had taken in, was running around your feet as Alpine followed his steps, having to hold you a little tighter to not have you trip with the growing baby in your belly.

When the house was finished, he made sure to let you cook, his own skill needed outside with Steve as he rebuilds some of the cars in the garage left for you that came with the warn down home. It was nice to see things from his past like this, as well as you when he looks up after you call his name from the window.

This is the life he has wanted for years, and you were the fire of that. His best friend was helping as he went away on slow dying missions, his wife was pregnant, and he had a home in Brooklyn, somewhere he couldn't wait to grow old properly in.

His firefly was what he loved in this timeline, and he was watching as you snapped at his friend from on the couch, the comebacks and sass coming out with no hesitance as Sam grabbed some snacks in the kitchen. The first party in the home, and it was going great.

Tony was adding security deatils around the house, while Natasha and Wanda looked at the baby's nursery, adding their share of items to the room before moving Bucky off the couch to sit next to you. He sent them glares that went unnoticed by you as Steve gets flamed, Bruce and Clint watching with amusement as Hill and Fury laugh in the corner.

It was only seven in the evening.

By the time the barbeque started, the party moved outside. Autumn air was slowly coming, Bucky's jacket wrapped around your body as you sat far enough away from the grill, your eyes set on him as conversations flew through the air. He was happily talking to Sarah, Sam's sister, as two kids balanced on his metal arm while simultaneously flipping burgers and fixing ribs.

Your hand slowly finds the small bump under your jacket as you look around, the wind not getting any better, but the weather was great.
(Fuck Texas weather bro)

Everyone around you was smiling, all amused at the sight of Bucky's tasks of speaking, handling kids, and cooking more food for the large group. Though, he was looking at you with concern when you zone out, his foot impatiently tapping on the ground the second the kids go off and run with their uncle to play football with Thor and Bruce.

"Everything okay?" Steve asks him the second his attention is lost from Sarah. "You look nervous," he points out, and looks your way when he goes unanswered. "I can get Clint over here, go to her." Bucky doesn't wait for another word to be spoken, moving away from his friend to walk to the yard where you sit.

The second you see him walking towards you, your smile widens and you sit up, making room for him in the lawn chair that wouldn't fit him. "Hey, hot stuff."

"Are you okay?" He kneels down and grabs your free hand, the other resting on your belly. He kisses your knuckles before the zipper of his jacket where he knows your belly button sits. "You look like you're thinking over here."