Watch

Warnings - Violence, some sadness, very hint of angst if you squint hard enough
*LONG CHAPTER*

If there was anyone you could trust more than Steve with your life, it was Bucky. He had gotten the two of you together, and has been placed as your first place best friend over anyone, even Steve. But now that you were pregnant with his best friends baby, he was going over the top to make sure you were safe from any threat.

Since the press found out, it's been a hassle to keep you out of camera's, fans, or anyone that wants revenge on Captain America. Bucky didn't mind spending time with you when Steve had to leave you, and would willingly follow you anywhere you went, no matter how much you tried to hide it from him that you were leaving.

Steve had a mission that was mandatory, and woke Bucky up before he left, asking to watch over you while he was gone. He knew the answer to the request, but couldn't help but be respectful to let him know before leaving.

Warm lips on your forehead woke you from your uncomfortable sleep, your head raising to find Steve kneeling next to the bed, a hand pushing your hair back.

"Hey, sweetheart, I was called in for a mission," he whispered into the darkness, and had to watch as your face dropped in disappointment. "Yeah, I know, I don't want to go either, but this should be my last one until after the baby."

"How long?" You asked as you sat up on your elbows, seeing Bucky leaning on the doorway, a soft smile gracing his face when he noticed your eyes on him. "Buck?" His figure was a little blurry, but you were sure it was him.

"Morning, Doll," he greeted with a small wave, and looked back in the hallway to make sure no one was coming down. "You sleep okay?" He turned back when he heard you move to find you sitting up fully, your hand reaching for the lamp on the bedside table.

"Could've been better. You?"

"Dido."

Steve sat on the edge of the bed and placed his hands on the small bump of your belly, a smile on his face as he looked down at his hands. Never once did he think he would be here today with a growing family, a fiance, or even be in the future.

"It'll probably take a week." He spoke up after a few moments, and looked up at you to see you were smiling down at his hands. He watched as it dropped at his words, and wanted nothing more than to take the sad expression off your face. "But, I'll hurry so I can be with my two girls."

You shook your head. "Or boy. We don't know yet, Stevie," you corrected. "I'm not even ten weeks, so don't get too excited."

"Oh I know it's a girl," he smirked and leaned forward, giving your lips a delicate kiss. "Bucky'll be here, so don't do too much. Try and get some sleep if you can."

"I better get a lot of cuddles when you get back, and that better be next Saturday or earlier. Any later, Fury will have a very angry me to deal with," you threatened with seriousness, and watched as Steve tried to hide his smile. "Don't laugh at me. I want you here so you can be with the baby and me. This is very serious."

After seeing you were truly hurt, he nodded and placed his hand on your cheek, rubbing the skin softly to keep any tears off.

"I know, and I'll be here for little Sarah. I'll be back before you know it," he promised with a kiss to your nose. When he saw the glare on your face, he smiled and leaned down to your lips. "Or little James."

"It's a boy," you stated as he stood. "It's growing in me and I'm connected to it more. With the way it's eating, he's a boy."

"I'm offended," Bucky chimed in from his post at the door. "If that is a little James in there, he would be, too. But, I think it's Sarah."