Routine

Warnings - mentions of injuries

I had a super angsty chapter ready to publish, but decided to wait on it for editing purposes

You're welcome :)

*LONG CHAPTER*

Exhausted. That's all you feel at the moment. The mission went over by three days, and Bucky and you were barely hanging on, him more than you. His nap on the way to the base was enough for him, especially with the serum, but for you? You offered to fly the jet, knowing that sleep wasn't the the easiest thing to come to him.

On the flight back, he was helping you walk onto the jet, sitting you down on the seat and making sure you weren't in serious condition before taking off. You got to clean up some of the blood before opting to take a much needed power nap, ready to see Steve as he coasted through most of Russia while tending to his few scratches and watching over you.

Nine days without the other hadn't been what either of you planned for. Calls and two face times was how you got by, Bucky making the few appearances before he was on the phone with Natasha to do the same you were doing with Steve.

Catching up on the past few days is what got you by. Steve had full trust his best friend and brother by loyalty would keep his love safe, which is what made it slightly easier to say goodbye every night, even if it didn't ensure another call the next day for him.

Sleeping had been entirely Bucky's idea once he had made sure you were more than capable of not completely dropping unconscious on his watch. You took the last night shift, and still went in for the last infantry, coming out with a pretty busted leg and blood mostly pouring out of your face and arms, but alive.

The splint keeping your muscles together is what was holding you well, letting you get just a little more of a peaceful sleep as he lets the jet carry the two of you back home. He wants nothing more than to hold Natasha again, and he's sure Steve is pacing every room or watching any monitor he can that is tracking your location.

Hearing your phone ring from your pack was the initial sign to get you moving again, knowing that in just half an hour, you were walking back into the building with your fianceé wrapping every nerve he has left around you.

"Y/N-" Steve's sigh of relief is cut short when Bucky's face appears on the screen. "You're not Y/N."

"Glad to see your eyes are still working." His chuckle fades slowly as he walks back into the cockpit, setting your phone on the holder so it faces you. "She's just asleep, Captain protection. Just a few bumps and bruises."

"There's blood on her face, Buck." Steve can clearly see the few patches you had missed on your neck, and even the large cut gliding across your forehead. But he doesn't make much of a scene when you shift in the seat and sigh tiredly, humming when the seat automatically heats up. "Everything go okay? The contact had been cut, I-"

"Steve, we'll be there shortly," Bucky cuts him off again, smiling once more. "I have to get her up and moving, wanna help me out? She's not really the 'wake up right away' type of gal."

Talking to Steve the last twenty minutes of your flight had you more impatient to get back to him. Bucky was helping you walk around, but the both of you were speaking to him, Natasha having not answered the last thirty seven calls left for her. And after a quick investigation by your own fianceé, she was caught sleeping on Bucky's side of the bed with three of his jackets covering her.