Savior

I'm pretty sure I've used this picture before, but he's so hot here.

Warnings - Abuse, blood, pills (medication), gore, sleep deprivation, anxiety

*LONG CHAPTER*

The chilly night nipped at your skin, keeping you from falling back asleep as you walked down the sidewalk. For it being midnight, it made sense for the night to be calm with barely any cars on the road. If you wanted quiet in New York, night was the best time to explore.

You took a deep breath in as a silent tear slid down your cheek, your hand wiping it quickly out of anger. You knew you shouldn't be crying, not over an asshole like him who treated you like a punching bag. Called you things, abused you. Just the thought of what he did over and over again made shivers run down your spine that had nothing to do with the cold.

Fast footsteps could be heard from behind you, but you could also hear them in front of you, harsh pants causing you to turn around. A man was running at full speed with someone behind him, your waist being grabbed and your body getting slammed to the ground with a knife pointed to your throat. All air was forced out of your body from the rough pavement on your back, the pain setting in before fear could.

"Don't make me hurt an innocent, Rogers," the man above you warned, the edge of the blood cutting into your skin slightly. You scrunched your face up in pain, your body just starting to get feeling back from when you hit the ground. "She looks young, probably has family out there. Maybe we could use her."

"Rumlow," the other man said in a voice that scared you even more. "Let her go, she has nothing to do with this." The step he took caused the pain to burn, a sob breaking your throat as he slid the knife further down your neck.

"Now she has everything to do with this," the man named Rumlow pointed out, his pressure on the handle intensifying, and more blood escaping you. "Just let me go, Rogers, and she lives." The tip was slowly stopping at your shoulder and pushing into the skin, your scream muffled from your clenched teeth.

In seconds, he was off you and on the ground beside you, the knife clattering on the pavement. The footsteps from in front of you were gone, and a person was tackling your captor, your waist and arms getting feeling back from when he was holding you down.

"Steve, the girl," the unknown looked up at the other, snapping him out of his thoughts.

The man so called Rogers stepped forward, and you sat up quickly, your hands searching for anything to defend yourself with. Your shoulder and neck was burning, and you could feel the blood drenching your t-shirt and skin as it came out.

Luckily, the knife you were just attacked with was still next to you, your fingers wrapping around the handle and pointing it out.

"Hey, I'm not going to hurt you," he stated calmly, his hands up in surrender as he cautiously moved towards you. "Look, you're hurt pretty badly, so why don't you just come with us and we can fix it?" He stopped when you stood up, his hands still raised. "What's your name?"

You shook your head and turned around, you legs taking you faster than you thought. You dropped the knife somewhere on the way, but didn't care as you turned the corner, your mind racing as you ran down the street. All that was going through you, was your apartment. Get to the apartment. Get to the apartment.

After another turn, you were racing towards the building doors, your hand covering the large cut as you pushed open the glass doors and raced through the lobby. Jimmy, the greeter, tried to follow after you, but you were in the elevator and already going up when he noticed the blood on your body.