Migraines

You felt it last night, and knew what you would be dealing with in the morning. Bucky sensed it before you even did, asking if you were okay periodically before excusing himself to pull you away from everyone to ask you more seriously.

The second you felt the harsh pound, he said goodbyes to everyone and pulled the car around, making sure to watch out for holes in the road until he got to the shared apartment the two of you have together. He was silent when walking into the living room, and gentle when helping you get undressed from a small get together at the compound with the team.

By morning, you could barely see a few feet in front of you, and anything moving made your head hurt worse. The blinds were shut, but from what little light was coming through made tears form, your eyes immediately closing tight. The bathroom door shut lightly, and you winced, now noticing that Bucky wasn't next to you how he was when you both laid down.

"Sorry, doll." His body shifts the bed, and you can feel his hand gently rub your shoulder, his lips resting near your ear as he whispers. "I got some aspirin for you-"

"Could you quiet down a little bit," you mumble, interrupting him as you pull the blanket further up your shoulder. "It's cold in here."

Bucky's hand moves to your forehead, and then he was off the bed, moving back to the bathroom before coming back. You were almost asleep again when you felt the cold rubber of what had to be the thermometer. The rapid beeping and his sigh let you know the fever was present, not opening your eyes when he kisses your forehead. "Got a feve, Y/N." Confirming your suspiscions, he rubs you cheek gently before standing. "I'll be back, okay? Just take the medicine."

Your hand grabs his desperately when you realize he was about to leave, finally opening your eyes, only to squint once the brightness in the room makes your head tighter and more tears to fall. "Where are you going? Don't leave." Talking made it worse, but knowing he was going to leave made it hurt deep in your chest. Your arm tugs him down, and to your surprise, he kneels in front of you. "Just stay here."

"I'll be right back, Honey," he assures, keeping his voice low how you had asked. His hand was wiping the falling tears, making sure the pressure was light due to how sensitive you were at the moment. "Try and get some more sleep, it's pretty early, anyways." Only giving a single nod, he gives your lips a kiss, the first of the day, and stands once again, hesitating to let your hand go before finally releasing it when you do. He waited at the door for a moment, thinking over his decision one more time before finally leaving the apartment.

Things only got worse when Bucky got back. He couldn't find you in the bedroom, instead in front of the toilet, puking whatver you had eaten from the night before. He dropped the bag of supplies to hold your hair away, rubbing your back as you violently coughed. You were burning up, but he could see the goosebumps all along your arms, the sun beaming outside letting him know the fever was still effecting you, as well as the headache attack.

Sobs echo in the bathroom, and he leans down to pull you away from the toilet, closing the lid and flushing away whatever had landed inside the bowl. Sweat was beading down your forehead and temple as tears fell from your eyes, your body shaking in his arms. He was scared to touch you near your head, avoiding the tugs on your hair with his metal hand as he ran his right through the ends of what was in a bun when he left just an hour and a half ago.

"Lets get you to bed," he whispers above your head, and stands with you on your feet, but he grips your waist when you lose most your balance, catching you before you could fall forward. "Hey. Doll, look at me." He lifts your chin with two fingers and watches as your eyes finally meet his, bottoms rimmed red while the rest were just red, almost like a vein had been popped. As well as your pupils. "You lightheaded?" He asks, and lets his hands move down to your hips to hold you still as he steps back to examine your legs.