Care

Why, why another one? Can't you just sleep? You asked yourself as you sat up from your bed. Of course you weren't allowed to take your own pain, only everyone else's. You wish you could take your own pain, maybe you would be able to sleep without such a heavy weight on your shoulders.

Like a magnet, you could feel something, a small pain in your chest. It was all too familiar, wanting to explore more as you rolled out of the soft mattress of your bed. The moon shined through the windows, creating a ghostly look as you walked down the hallway. The ache in your chest grew as you got closer to a certain soldiers door. You should've guess it.

You placed three quick knocks on the door before stepping back, allowing room to not create so much awkwardness. And to not embarrass yourself in front of your long time crush. The door swung open, and there stood the man. His blue eyes were looking down at you, his hair in a messy half up half down do, bangs framing the sides of his face. It was the most beautiful thing you could possibly see.

That was until the red eyes broke you out of your gaze, and you looked at him. His confusion was set, as if he was about to ask why you were knocking on his door at two in the morning. So you said something first.

"I could feel it." You sighed as you reached out to his cheek, hoping to take away whatever he was feeling. But, he stopped your hand quickly and brought it down before letting go, it being too fast for you to take anything away. "Bucky, let me help."

The slight shake in his head made his thick hair move slightly. "You get hurt and pay the price, I don't want you to feel that." He reasoned, leaning on the wall and placing his head on it, sleep obviously tugging on his mind.

"Buck, this is third night you haven't slept, I can help you." You argued, reaching your hand out once again for his cheek, but he pulled away. "Bucky, I can deal with a little pain, I can't deal with you hurting yourself because you don't want to hurt me." You snapped quietly, huffing a little as you walked away, kicking yourself mentally for saying that to him.

You sat on your bed and rolled over, not going back to sleep as you thought about what you said. Once the sun started to rise, you walked out to go to the kitchen, getting met with Steve, Bucky, and Sam sitting at the table. "Morning." You greeted a little tiredly, grabbing a mug from the cabinet.

"Morning, y/n." Steve said back, taking a small sip of his coffee before looking back at you. "What are you doing up so early?" He asked, confusion written all over his face.

"Couldn't sleep," you shrugged, having a small glance at Bucky before going to the coffee pot. "I have an off feeling about something. I can feel it's about to happen, but I don't know when." You confessed, looking at the three of them. "I can sense all of its pain and death."

Sam nodded as he stood up from his chair, walking over to you. "No kidding, your hand shows it all." He pointed out, holding your right hand. The skin was showing your veins turning black, as if you were taking pain.

"What the hell?" You whispered pulling your shirt sleeve up, looking as your veins had a dark energy to them. "Something's about to happen, and it's gonna be big." You looked up at him, wincing as he touched your hand with a little pressure.

Steve and Bucky got up from their seats, both worried about you. This isn't the first this has happened, and were now ready. You could take anyone's pain away, and feel it from anywhere. It felt like your chest was tightening, and then your body hurt. It took you years to control it, but sometimes gets the best of you, like with Bucky. You had no control when he was hurting, and felt his pain all the time. But this was different, you could feel it before it happened. Which, you can do. You can sense when someone's going to get hurt by the touch of their skin, but if it was a big event, it made sure to let you know by turning your veins black.