Cross Country (3)

Warnings - talks of rape, blood, reader injury, throwing up, near drowning, hypothermia symptoms, protective Bucky kinda, gore

Close to father daughter relationship

A rush of air pulls you forward as you cough out what had to be water. It was like puking, your stomach aching as you pushed yourself up into a sitting position. Your bones were sore, head pounding as you fought the moonlights and snow reflecting the water you'd just spit out.

Through your double vision, you could see the silhouette of another body lying just a few feet ahead, still in the snow and bending with the tree. The blood leading from you to him could only have your heart racing faster, legs too slow to get up as quick as you could.

Bucky was out cold but alive by the time you got to him, everything spinning around you as the wind picked up. Your fingers were completely numb, legs collapsing from beneath you, just right next to the man who hurt your chest however long ago it was when he grabbed you.

Fuck that was a lifetime ago.

Coughing out even more water, you check Bucky's pulse, relieved that he was alive more than you could ever be at the moment, even though you were the one awake. His body was still shivering, it couldn't have been long ago when he got you.

From where, you had to guess the ravine. Hell, the last thing you remember is being dragged away from him before a bat was coming at your face. Bucky looked like he went through hell, his leg bleeding out, head busted open from the side and back, and pale skin shining with the water.

Your best guess was him jumping over board with you. It was the only option. He knows you can't swim, but how many others were there? How many people could he take on before it got too much to keep you safe and fight at the same time?

You lay next to him, body weak and giving out without so much as a say to what you want it to do. Hypothermia was a real possibility, even as the chills became less and your body began to relax deep in the snow.

It became comforting after some time. Bucky would wake up soon, and then he would find the safe house. It was wrong of you to fall asleep like this, but he could wait. He'd wait for you.

He'd protect you.

"Princess, come on." It was surreal to hear it, even in the restless dreams you don't ever remember happening. Hands on your shoulders, face, hips. "Princess, I swear to fucking god, you better open your eyes."

You jump up, coughing as your vision fades and comes back. The moon was still shining, water reflecting off and showing Bucky's fear filled expression as more water spills over into your lap. Your hands begin shaking again, the shivering having stopped when you woke up but returning to bite you in the ass.

"Hey, easy," he mumbles, reaching out, and for the first time, you don't run from him, accepting his touch as he pulls you into his chest. "Get the water out of your chest for me." Still coughing, he rubs your back for you, hand getting caught on the wet material of your shirt. It was completely torn, soaked through, and stained with blood at this point.

"I can't swim," you mumble out, struggling to speak as your eyes threaten to close. It was too cold to be awake. Your body was barely fighting with you, mind already shutting off as Bucky's body became the next bed. "You jumped knowing I can't swim."

"I didn't jump," he corrects, not bothering to stop you from closing your eyes, relaxing as you take your time. The both of you needed a break, even if it was for the wrong reasons. "I had you—I thought he was fine, but then he kicked us off. You were under too long—" He pulls you away from him now, cold hands on your cheeks looking at the large bruise and open wound covering your temple. "I must've went under after pulling you out. Jesus," he whispers to himself, noticing the scratches along your arms. "How the hell did you survive that?"