Family

Warnings - Beheading, lots of blood, kinda creepy, and some MoM spoilers?

Steve thought he was protective, until he met you, the woman who fought for anything. When Bucky was fighting with Hydra many years ago, Steve was the only person on your mind, fighting until you couldn't anymore, pushing him out of the way, even if it meant death. The helicarrier fight was never something Steve will forget, because he thought he lost you again, like decades before when you were only a kid.

Hydra was never kind to the three of you. Your parents thought you were dead the second you turned nine, Steve and Bucky lost their only other friend since childhood, and you lost the life you thought you were going to be living. Then Hydra got to Bucky, Steve "died" with the plane crash after the Red Skull and Zola, and a almost a century passed before you were found by none other than Natasha Romanoff, who beat your ass to the point she thought she killed you.

The battle of New York happened, and you were reunited with Steve, the same flame growing. Though, you were both different than when you last saw each other. You had grown, was a telekenetic, and had a lot more responsibilty than he has ever seen you with. But you were still the same as the nine year old who went missing. Strong-willed, respectful, and loving. Steve had grown, lost his medical list that you knew he was suffering with, but his morals never changed, his kindness most likely maxed out, as well as the gentleman his mother had raised.

S.H.I.E.L.D. is what got you back on the path of redemption, and he hadn't been more in love until he was alone with you and Natasha, who has already staked her claim on you. Though, when you realized what was going on years later, he finally saw the fear you have been hiding.

Pierce was never someone you were with throughout your years of torture and killing, not even Rumlow or anyone else with him, and your powers were the one thing you had a hard time controlling. So when you saw Steve's falling from an elevator, everything clicked, and you caught him just before he could hit the ground. The landing looked painful, but he was more grateful than anything as you ran with him out of the building away from everyone else trying to kill you.

Going on the run with him felt familiar, yet it was nice, being alone with him as he grasped onto what was really happening. Fury was dead, and the whole city of Washington thought he had killed him, springing up emotions he had never felt how he did before. That was when you kissed him, shutting him up before moving to the backseat of your car when his hands moved to your shirt.

When the both of you found out Bucky was alive, hell broke loose within the State. Natasha was sided with you, as well as Sam Wilson, a friend of Steve's he had went running with before everything tore in half. Controlling what Hydra had given you was harder than any other time because of your feelings for Steve geting in the way.

But you never got the chance to tell him.

All three of you were on the final helicarrier, trying to take down Hydra and help your friend. When the code was in, you weren't backing down, and neither was Steve, both of you fighting until you could barely stand. Bucky had never looked at you like he did Steve, and you knew what you had to do. The big play.

The ship was going to come down eventually, and as it got hit with other bullets from the other carriers, you tackled the soldier to the ground, holding his head in place as you forged memories to come forward, at least the ones you remember with him as a child. It was a moment of solitude before glass was breaking and Steve was screaming your name as you fell hundred feet below you to the ocean with Bucky holding on by a ledge, the man you now know you love jumping after you in the last minute.