(41) Addie Gets Engaged

Four months later,

Ashlin woke up to gold and black balloons surrounding his body and am empty side of the bed. Soon as he finished using the bathroom and brushing his teeth, he saw Addie walking in with breakfast on a tray.

"Happy birthday babe," Addie said as she laid the tray of food and drinks on the bed and kissed him.

"Thank you babe," he said as he noticed Happy birthday written out in balloons on their wall.

"Baby how did you do all this without me knowing?" He asked.

"Well considering you worked a 48 hour shift at the hospital, you were out cold. So it was easy besides what we did last night would make anyone sleep hard," she said giggling.

Ashlin bit his lip as he remembered them making love all over the house after a week of no sex. "I guess you're right," he said taking a piece of bacon of his plate.

"Now come on gorgeous girl let's eat this delicious looking meal you made for us because I know you said we have a full day ahead. I'm just looking forward to being off work for a week," he replied.

"I know me too babe. Working that 72 hour shift wore me out," she said before sticking a fork full of pancakes in her mouth.

They finished their breakfast, had a round of sex in the shower then got ready for the day. They went to the spa, got a couples massage, manicures, pedicures and to the salon. Once they arrived home, Addie laid a box on the bed while Ashlin was showering. He opened it and smiled.

"Dear Birthday Boy,

Today is your day. So put this own because we're going out! Love you, Adds"

He smirked as he opened the box to see a black suit and black and gold collared shirt. There was also a shoe box with gold and black shoes in it and a bag with a black and gold JBW watch. He put everything on and waited for Addie in the living room.

Once Addie was finished getting ready she walked out to the living room to see her handsome boyfriend waiting for her. She kissed him then placed a blindfold on his eyes.

"Baby you know I'm all for being kinky, but I don't think we have time to do this before whatever plans you have," he said jokingly.

Addie giggled as she replied, "Oh shush and come on you dirty boy!"

He laughed as she grabbed his arm and ushered him to his car.

Addie and Ashlin's parents Derrick and Adriana planned a surprise birthday party at the lounge where Addie and Ashlin met because he said he wanted to go back there. Addie gave him all his birthday gifts before they left the house. She bought him tickets for them to go to the Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants football game with matching attire. Concert tickets for them to go to California for Coachella and a week long romantic getaway for them in Ocho Rios Jamaica to start the next day.

"Babe where are you taking me?" Ashlin asked trying to adjust the blindfold on his face as Addie started driving his car.