Chapter 9: Aftershocks~Losing Hold

*6 years after Link's death*

Today was the anniversary of Link's death. The champions, Sidon, Aven, Alivia, Valik, and Liana were gathered round the ancient bound door of the Shrine of Resurrection. No words were spoken. All was silent.

Link stared at each and everyone one of them. Memories began to well up inside him. The days he would use to shield-surf with Urbosa, compete against Revali, joke around with Daruk, fight alongside Sidon and Aven, see Valik, Alivia, and Liana grow, and always having Mipha there.

"I wish this could all go by faster," Link sighed, defeat in his voice. "I miss you guys. I just... I want to be alive again."

"Well..." Mipha's voice was soft and reverent. "Who wants to talk to him first?" Everyone looked around at each other and Revali eventually spoke up.

"Listen, I know that our relationship has always been rocky," he began, "but I'll be honest, I really miss teasing you around. I never thought I'd miss someone I hate so much." Link snickered and everyone gave a slight chuckle. "Kahliv is getting married to Melody soon. I'm sure he would've loved to have the Hylian Champion at the party."

"I've heard," Link answered back, though no one could hear it. "I saw the moment he proposed to her. Reminded me of the good old days." He stared over at Mipha, longing to feel her embrace again. "And don't worry... I'll be there."

Urbosa set her hand on her hip and smiled, "The Gerudo have worked hard to keep the Yiga at bay. We're helping anyway we can all around Hyrule. Many of our youngest recruits look up to you in every thought and deed. It makes me proud."

"And they're doing great," Link assured. "The future Gerudo will be tough to crack. After all, they've got a wonderful leader guiding them."

"And on top of that," Daruk announced, "many of the gorons have aspired to get to your level of cooking! Although I will say, they are way better at cooking rock roast than you!" Everyone sputtered out into laughter, and Link could only laugh along.

"I'm still honestly confused about that! I swear I always somehow cook it wrong!"

"Ah, Link," Aven wrapped his arm around Alivia and she smiled. "We've missed having you around. You were always a joy. You gave such good advice, and I find myself needing it everyday..." his expression darkened, but no one else seemed to notice except for Alivia and Link.

"I have a boyfriend now," Alivia spoke quickly, trying to mask the sadness that overcame her father. "His name is Gyan. Him and I made a cute little guardian together. I'll have to show you it some other time. We named it Tucker, and it loves to help out anywhere it can.

"I've seen it!" Link exclaimed. "Gosh you amaze me with how smart you can be! You truly are Zelda's daughter."

Everyone now looked to the Zora royalty. Link looked at them with anticipation. He loved listening to them, even though he visits them every single day. He even accompanied them on their journey over to visit him.

"The Zora Guard is better than ever," Sidon smiled. "Mipha, Valik, and I have worked extremely hard to ensure that we're helping anywhere and everywhere we can. Just like the Gerudo, we've looked up to you. Aside from all that, I think that you'd be amused to know that the leaders of the Sidon Fan Club have now created other Sidon Fan Clubs in Rito Village and Gerudo Town."

"Goodness you can't catch a break!" Link laughed.

"Oh it's awful!" Revali added. "Do any of you understand how awkward it is for teenager Ritos to come up to you and say how cool it is that I personally know 'the hottest Zora around'? THEY'VE WRITTEN STORIES ABOUT YOU! Seriously! I think they call it fanfiction?"